Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fred is going in for his neuter tomorrow morning- they also have to repair a tiny hernia on his belly that hasn't quite healed itself up. He is also getting micro-chipped and his rabies and last distemper booster. I'm a bit of a nervous first time pet Mom over it.:?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was like this a couple of weeks ago when Enzo was neutered.
I was so worried that id have a sleepy, sore, feeling sorry for himself kitten when he got home from his neuter & biopsy from paw.
In reality, i had the exact same crazy hyper kitten that went to the vet, just with a cast on his leg and no nuts!!

I know it wont stop you worrying, but im sure Fred will be absolutley fine!

·
Registered
124 Posts
My babies went in this week and I was so nervous too! They came home full of energy and as playful as ever. I asked for pain meds for them and am giving them to them just in case. The vet said it wasn't really necessary, but they also couldn't guarantee me that the cats weren't in pain, so I'd rather err on the side of making sure they have as minimal pain as possible.

I'm sure Fred is going to be fine!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys. I called the Vet this afternoon and he is doing fine - he also needed a hernia repair. He has always had a small hernia on his belly that we have been waiting to see if it would close on its own - it hadn't so we decided to go ahead and treat it all at once. He also got his rabies and last distemper booster. It seemed like a lot to me but the vet assured me it is best to do it all at once.

I get to pick him up tomorrow.....poor baby.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for repeating half of the info in my first post! My brain isn't functioning too well this evening apparently

1 - 5 of 5 Posts