Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any good free basic spreadsheet software available on the net for download? I just need to be able to create some basic tables for entering names and dates.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I just use GoogleDocs. Very convenient since I can pull them up anywhere with an internet connection just by logging into my google account.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can the Google ones be saved, and printed? I'm looking to create spreadsheets for breeding records for the rabbitry, and will need to take printed copies out to the barn sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
Don't you have Excel with your computer?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Marie, not all computers come with MS Office (where Excel comes from), mine didn't. I had to borrow it from Microsoft.

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
Oops. Silly me, I've never bought a new computer. They've always been loaded with all kinds of software.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Yeah, sometimes it gets bundled in with a store bought machine, but it's pretty expensive, so it's not often the case.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
There are online stores offering academic software for incredible prices. You need to work at or attend an educational institution, as you have to provide proof of employment or attendance.
For instance, Office 2010 Professional is 109, Photoshop CS5 Extended is 199. Huge savings.
My older son wanted money toward Visual Basic for Christmas, I got it for him for 300 (normally 1000).
So find a friendly teacher or a friend with a student. The only two catches, you can only order one copy of each program (until updates come out) and they send the product key to the email associated with the account (the teacher or student).

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info everyone! :)

I used to have Excel, on my oldest computer that crashed. I have Windows 7 on the two I use now, and neither have Excel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts