Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4 year old cat cat vomitted this afternoon, he then refused to eat his evening meal(unusual for him, he loves his food.)He has just been in his litter box and passed a very loose, smelly bowel motion but there was a lot of fresh blood in it. He seems fine in himself, no discomfort and moving about o.k. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
454 Posts
With vomiting, refusal to eat, and blood in it's stool, I'd say a call to the vet is in order. While we're willing to offer advice when we can, we don't and can't replace the need to rely on your vet.

Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for replying. I was quite alarmed when I discovered the blood yesterday. Today, however, he seems fine. He would not eat this morning and I kept him indoors most of the day, but by early afternoon he was begging to go out, so he went in the garden for a couple of hours. This evening he has demanded his full share of food and no sign of diarrhoea. His nose is cold and his eyes are bright, as usual. I will keep a close eye on him and if I am worried I will take him to the vet after the week-end.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am glad he is doing better :D ! Anyway, I really think you should take him to the vet after the weekend, or at least call him and tell him what happened.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a Bank holiday here.(.England) tomorrow, but, yes, I think I will ring them on Tuesday and tell them. He has been fine today, eating well and playing, as usual...strange. :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts