Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
So Cleo was running low on litter and I didnt change it when I wanted to so, at Wal Mart the other day...I was shopping and they didnt have the brand I normally get which is Arm and Hammer Easy Flush. Ive been using that for quite a while and I like the flushable litter...saves me time and there is no smell and I dont have to buy a special container.

Anywho...the only other flushable kind was a product made by a company called Eight in One and it is Fresh Results litter.

I dont know what it is made up of....but its material is, to me, finer than other litters...sort of like a rough sand or light gravel. Its very soft and has a wonderful pine sent. Ive only been using it for a couple of days already but I like it so far.

Has anyone elese tried this litter?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have seen it at the Walmart in Glasgow, KY, but I've not tried it. I actually have a good litter that all 8 cats like, so I'm kind of wary of trying to change, but likewise, do keep us posted. If it's really good, it's worth the trouble.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I changed my mind a bit, I like the way this litter clumps, isn't sticky and sticks together well. The granules are very small which makes sifting the litter easier but seems to make a bit of a mess. The odor control is ok, Swheat seems to work a bit better. There's no dust and and is made of corncob. I'm debating whether to switch to this or keep using Swheat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have been using it for about 6 months now or so...probably more than that. Hmm, I think I like it. Its not as a good as the flushable arm and hammer stuff. But this is a very good replacement. The only reason Im using it is because it is the only flushable stuff I can find in my area.

The thing for using this is that...it starts to stink if you dont clean the box out regularly. I used to do this daily, but Ive been sluffing off lately. Cleo doesnt smell, but I think just the accumulation of the stuff in the box adds a certain....aroma...lol.

·
Registered
454 Posts
They had the same thing about a year ago. I tried it out, and thought it was a reasonable alternative to clay litter. When it came time to get more, Walmart didn't have any. I checked with one of the staff, and was told that they would not be carrying it. They said it was a promotion, and not a regular item. I was surprised to see a display of it again this last week. I don't know if it's another promotion, or if they've decided to carry it regularly.

I've started using chicken feed, and I'm pretty well satisfied with that. I know the feed store won't stop carrying that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol...well I work at WM and one thing I call tell you about them is that nothing they do makes sense. I guess it just depends on sales for that item for that store / area. I wish they had a better selection in their pets department, especially in regards to food. All they have are crap brands that I wouldnt buy for my cat...at least for the wet foods. They have Iams which I buy for my cat...but there are other brands out there that I would prefer to buy.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got it once, thinking it would sort of be like Feline Pine, only scoopable. I couldn't stand the strong scent. It's perfumey and doesn't smell natural like Feline Pine. Other than that, I liked it. Odor control wasn't top notch, but it was ok.

I wouldn't get it again. I was hoping it would be an alternative to Feline Pine because I assume cats like soft litter better. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried this litter and it worked well but the fragrance they use is so strong I had to stop using it. My whole apartment smelled like this litter for weeks after I stopped using it. :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts