Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i just have a lil question for u all
Tober is all better now and fully recoverd but since he had the 'snip' he has done nothing but sleep all day so we have decided to get a kitten to be his friend but im not sure wether that is safe or not and if it is what sex should it be?
thanx

·
Registered
672 Posts
When we got Stix neutered he was about 7 months and then we got Kota (female - 3 months) and they get along great. Kota uses him as a punching bag. 8)

How old and how big is Tober? You may want to get a cat that is not too young so he won't hurt it during playtime.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tober is 4 years old and pretty dam big lol
my mum wants to get a kitten due to cuteness lol but if thats to risky then i guess will have to get a cat.
wot dya think guys?

·
Registered
22 Posts
catmadAZ said:
Tober is 4 years old and pretty dam big lol
my mum wants to get a kitten due to cuteness lol but if thats to risky then i guess will have to get a cat.
wot dya think guys?
Well, kittenhood is not a lasting thing so I wouldn't let that be the decision maker. However, having a younger cat can be an advantage. When they reach senior status, cats can be expensive in regards to vet care. I have two seniors and am spending about five hundred dollars in vet bills monthly - pills, blood tests, dental work for senior issues - CRF, hyperthyroidism, IBD, hypertension add up quickly. By having cats of different ages, you won't be hit so hard financially.

I've introduced kittens to eighteen year olds several times successfully.

What is more important in the personality of the two you are considering. Two strongly alpha cats won't really be a good mix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts