Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned previously I am working on a diet for one of my cats. I went out and got a small bag of the EVO cat food, hopeing to get Jhujuu to eat something a bit better for him.

So I brought this bag of food in. My cats know what food in a bag sounds like, and they are always excited when we bring them home more food. I shook the bag and got him all excited about it. I opened it a little and let him sniff it, and he tried to stuff his whole head in! I thought "Great! Hes likeing it so far!"

I took about ten of the little kibbles out and tossed them around the room, and he happily ran from one side of the apartment to the other gobbleing them up! I figured good, he would be super happy when he got this yummy new treat in his bowl! Boy was I wrong! When i put down that bowl of food he looked at me so sad like, his eyes totally said "Mommy, this is not my cat food!"

He refuses toe at it from his bowl! He keeps trying to steal food from the other cats. We had just reached the point where I could trust them to go into the other room while they ate and he wouldnt splunk in other dishes... now hes sneaking around using his paws to pull food out of their dishes and acting like he is starving! I even gave in and gave him half EVO half Friskys just so he would eat!

:sad2 I feel so mean... but he needs to get healthy... Should I just give them all EVO so he wont find anything different in any other dish? Atleast untill he gets used to eating it... I mean.. he WILL eat it when he gets hungry enough, right?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Mixing is actually the way you should make the switch. A drastic diet change can cause stomach upsets. If he is eating the mix, just gradually add more evo and less friskies.

·
Registered
714 Posts
And dont feel bad. Cats are master manipulaters. You wouldnt feed your child an all fast food just because thats what they like, right? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now he is eating around the EVO. MY other cats seem to like it, though I have never had to deal with anyone as picky as Jhuj. In fact.. Tucker eats it like no 2morrow! I will keep mixing and feeding it to him like its a treat for now.. hopefully he will come to like it better.. because I think that when the Friskys runs out ( it wont for a good while yet, bags about half full!) that's the end of that!

And he really IS a master! Hes my mommas boy, and knows just how to push all my buttons!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.