Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

We did it yesterday. Had been prolonging it as long as possible by keeping the guys inside, but it was very clear that they wanted to go out again. Being in MD, in an unusually warm spring, we wanted to do some flea prevention. We bought frontline plus, since the last time (about 3 weeks ago) they were outside Coco came in with a dog tick walking on him.

We read and read and re-read the instructions. We applied the frontline, Wittle got his first, and it turns out momma's aim was slightly to the left of his shoulder blade, once he was on his won. I will tell you it looked like she was in the right place while I was holding him still. Coco's was a dead smack in the middle home run.

We watched them so they wouldn't groom it off of each other immediately. Once their hair seemed crunchy where we applied it *don't know if it was really dry* we put the harnesses on them and went out for a nice long walk. Coco hissed when I brought him inside, he was enjoying it outside so much. I would say they were out for about 90 minutes.

They had a nice turkey treat when they got inside, and then they cleaned themselves. Alot. They were very sleepy after their excursion. I'm not sure if the frontline is causing that. This morning Wittle is still trying to lick the spot of application.

Is all this licking a reaction to the frontline? The packaging instructions leave *alot* to be desired in terms of what a "reaction" is. They only say to be on the lookout for up to several days, and then see a vet. If the point of application is still bothering them 24 hrs later, should I be worried? They may be licking because it itches? burns? who knows? They are still eating well, and I know I am being paranoid *probably* but I would like to hear from other frontline users if they think this is something normal, or needing more attention. Oh, I also saw them grooming each other this morning.

Thanks for your advice and sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmmm, i have my cats on Advantage instead of Frontline, but I hear they are very similar. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it until worse symptoms arise. I would keep an eye on the spot and if something happened like it got red, or balding, then i would discontinue use and consult a vet. But right now eyeverything sounds normal. It is a cat's instinct to clean anything off of itself.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE-

We got home last night from work and noticed NO EVIDENCE of them having been licking at the spots we applied it at.

YEA!!!!!!

No red spots or anything like that eiter!!!

If we didn't love them so much, I wouldn't have all these questions to ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts