Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Saturday was my cleaning day and, amongst other things, I cleaned out the litter boxes. I buy my litter in pails, which are about 12 inches high and 7 inches long and deep. I used two new pails of litter to top up the litter boxes, and I temporarily left the two empty pails on my laundry room counter. Later, I was in the laundry room, folding laundry, with my back to the counter, when I heard a noise. I turned around, and there was Muffs, up on the counter, investigating the two empty pails. When I first turned around, she was half-sitting in one of the pails, and she put her head in the other pail. She then went head first into the second pail, and next thing you know, she was stuck…with her bum, hind legs and tail sticking out of the top of the pail! :) I was in stitches and I wished I had a video camera! I kept an eye on her, to ensure she didn’t struggle so much as to edge the pail of the counter, whereupon she and the pail would have gone careening to the floor. She didn’t, and she eventually managed to free herself. She then gave me a little indignant look, as if to say “I meant to do that”, and then she was on her way.

A little while later, I cleaned my kitchen counters with a spray for granite counters. I don’t know what’s in the spray, but it affects Muffs the same way as catnip. After I had sprayed and wiped down the counter, Muffs jumped up and started rolling around the counter in ecstasy. Now, you might think I’m nuts, but she was having such a good time, I just didn’t have the heart to tell her to get down…and there was nothing on the counter that she could harm or that could harm her. So, I just let her be. Then, Abby noticed Muffs and wondered what was so fascinating about the counter. Two seconds later, Abby was up on the counter too. Muffs apparently didn’t appreciate Abby interfering with her counter fun, so Muffs started biting Abby on the leg and, next thing you know, the two of them were wrestling on the counter. I decided that’s when the counter games needed to come to an end, so I shooed them both off!

Any other counter stories out there?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
hahaha...mine pale's in comparison :)

Egypt is my big counter addict. She HAS to sneak up on the kitchen counter every now and again, whether there is food around or not. I think it's just because she knows it is forbidden.

So one day she jumped up and the soapy cookie sheet was resting halfway between the counter and the edge of the sink so she apparently landed right on the cookie sheet instead of the counter itself. Next thing I know, she was inside the sink full of soaking soapy dishes...not exactly what she expected and you would think she would've learned her lesson after jumping out and being soaked with yucky stuff, but no! The next day she was back jumping up on the counter again *sigh*

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Miu loves to sit in the barstool and watch ppl washes dishes or her very favorite: wiping the counter. Her ears will flatten, she'll lower herself til only her eyes are visible over the edge of the counter...then she'll pop up and pounce on the person's hand and washcloth. She can literally 'smell' a person wiping the counter. You wouldn't see her around, but if you whip out the washcloth, she'll appear and pop on the barstool like some genie.

Lately, she's getting annoyed that the dish rack is in the way so she jumps on the counter for a front row view of the dishwashing. I had to move the rack out of her way AND position the barstool directly in front of the sink to stop her popping on the counter to watch. LOL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts