waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the
frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do
not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe and the biran
fguiers it out aynawy.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Ha ha ha! It is so funny! One must be quiete familiar with the language in order for them to be able to do so (in case of non-native English speakers (esp.) - like me). I wonder if it goes the same for any other language :?: :!:
I was visiting France in 1992 and my friend's sister was telling us about the trend going on at the time (among the youth) to talk by pronouncing the words from the last to the to the first letter! That was a big challenge for me! I can't do it unless I have the words in front of me on a sheet of paper!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
wow thats cool lol, at first i was thinking u wernt english and so your writing was a little dodgy, its funny i had no prob reading it!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have 2 thoughts on this, I saw it a couple days ago and discussed it with my fiance.

1.) the way people read, their eyes don't slowly skim over each letter, it is impossible on small print such as reading a book or this screen, our eyes actually leap if you will in different patterns, more like in a line if you will, so yes, our eyes would catch things like first and last letters, ends of sentances rather then everything in the middle (when it comes to remembering what you just read).

2.) This is similar to how deslyxic (sp?) people see and write things, and yet they are still fully capable of understanding a word which is written similarily incorrectly.

Example, look at my horrible typo's and bad spelling I always have, but you all always know what it is I'm really trying to say. ;)
haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jeanie said:
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the
frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do
not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe and the biran
fguiers it out aynawy.

I can't believe I could read that whole paragraph :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
THANK YOU! I was looking for this, somebody msg'ed me with it the other day and i checked my logs and couldnt find it.

But yes it is VERY true.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's a bit like those tricks in puzzle books where there's a sentence with a deliberate mistake, like 'There is nothing wrong this with sentence', and you don't realise the mistake if you read it quickly, because you see what you are expecting to see rather that what's actually there.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
That was pretty neat! I got an email like that a while back and my bf was pretty impressed. I'm glad we can mispell something and still have other people be able to read it :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts