Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I awoke to the sound of water, meowing and laughter.

See, Joey has been getting bolder. Used to be he'd only come down off his perch when you brought him down - he'd cuddle and have fun for a while, then go back up. Then he started jumping down when the dog wasn't around and you were in the kitchen, but he wouldn't leave that room. Now he's starting to explore the house when the dog is shut away.

Every morning the boyfriend gets up with his alarm, has a shower, and gets ready for work. He wakes me up before he leaves so I can get up, throw on some PJs, and drive him to work. (I need the car later in the day) So he got up and was in the shower, I was still asleep in the bedroom with the dog, door shut (we don't want the dog chewing on furniture or stuff). Joey decided it was safe to come see what's up.

Apparently not only did he want to say hi to the boyfriend while he was in the shower, he decided he wanted a better vantage point. He climbed up the shower curtain, and started pacing back and forth on the shower rod, nearly slipping off now and again, moewing. I am told he was absolutely facinated by the shower nozzle. Him and the boyfriend had a "conversation" or two - cat would meow, boyfriend would meow, cat would meow, boyfriend would meow, and so on.

Boyfriend is very amused by this display of Joey's personality. He's such a funny cat. :D

Also, later that morning I was getting some food out for Joey... I brought his dish down, washed it off, opened the cupboard, reached in, grabbed a can of cat food, closed the cupboard, opened the can, dished it out, turned around to give it to the cat... and the cat's not there. "Joey?" I peered in his normal spots. Nothing. I look around the living room. "Joey??" I hear a very soft meow. Back into the kitchen I went. I stood there puzzled until I had a flash of intuition and opened the cupboard - and out stalked Joey. :roll: :p :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
Great story! Don't you just love that?! My furbabies do the sweetest things and funniest things that warm my heart and soul too.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
That is a good story.
It also sounds like that Joey would have a very good time if he HAD to stay with the bf too. Either way...he'll be lucky!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AddFran said:
That is a good story.
It also sounds like that Joey would have a very good time if he HAD to stay with the bf too. Either way...he'll be lucky!
Yes, I think he'll be okay either way. :D Which is good. But I do know he has his hands full with the dog. And honestly the reason I want Joey to come with me is for *me*. :oops: Selfish, I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts