Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first time I met my now-kitty, I was getting a walkthrough of the cat shelter. He was in the basement with the lady's mom's cats (permanent ones), lounging on a cat tree. "This is Joey," she told me, and pointed out his stomach. His little tummy was shaved bare, and had a scar on it that looked suspiciously like a spay scar. "HE was spayed. Poor kitty."

Apparently after the very-embarrassed vet finished with his operation (a neuter, in the end), he said to the shelter lady, "Josie is really a bad name for a male cat." She replied, "His name is Joey."

I got his medical records last weekend, as we finished up the adoption process. There's a sheet that the vet filled out, his results for FelV and FIV, his approximate age, weight, etc. Under name it says "Josie" all scratched out and then written in, "Joey."

:D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Poor Joey!! How embarassed that vet must have been! My goodness. Well, I'm glad that Joey has a loving Mom to help him forget about such memories. I don't know which Joey would consider worse: having the spaying operation started on him, or being confused for a girl! :lol: Oh, the humiliation~! What did the other boy cats say? :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts