Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have two kittens, Chuy and Tigrito. They love each other but they play rough. Tigrito, the smaller one, never seems distressed when they are playing, in fact he always comes back for more even though Chuy is a bit loco.

Today I noticed a patch of fur missing from the top of one of his toes. There's a sign that it might have bled a little but not much. It's like his fur has been shaved off. There's also a tiny patch on the bottom of his foot like that.

I was wondering if this is something that would happen during play, and is it anything to worry about? Our vet is too busy to see us until next week. Is there anything I should do until then to make sure it does not get infected? He doesn't seem in any distress and he walks fine like nothing happened but I worry about him.

thanks!

EDIT: Here's a picture of the injury

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure it happened during play, I just know his bro is really rough. if it is ringworm, what do I do? Is this a vet emergency type issue? It seems like it popped up one day after we were away at work which is why I thought it was play.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You can use an over the counter antifungal cream, apply 3-4 times per day, might take a couple of weeks. Be persistent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts