Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat Simba was fed from a huge range of food as a kitten and up...but lately he's become fussy. Maybe he is just sick of Whisker's cat food? The tinned stuff. My dog hates his own food too. Simba concerns me though because he's never been a fussy cat and it annoys me that he wastes his food all the time. He has dry food, water changed twice a day, and tinned food, bowl is always cleaned out after he's eaten, before I replace it with more.

We feed him [If you know the brands]
-Whisker's tinned food and singles. [All flavours]
-Whiskers dry food. [Different flavours]
-I also give him a small amount of chicken or meat treats, formulated as healthy food but I give it to him with his meal. I think it makes variety for him.

Ive recently changed to Go Cat dry food for a change, and some other cat singles, they are little singles of some 'fancy feast' or something. A bit more expensive, but he likes it. So does anything have any other suggestions? Weekly treat, a bit of milk, or am I feeding him wrongly or something?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks a bunch! You're right it is probably made of rubbish. It's just concerning because he's never fussy.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I think that some cats get finicky sometimes and what some people do is switch foods around 6 months time. That way they can get some variety and plus if you do that, make sure it's a gradual change. I like to give my cats wet food every morning in all sorts of flavors, they never get sick of wet food! :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts