Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got Syble (and her sister Nub Nub) at around 7 weeks old. About 2 weeks later our dog Kyna died. Obviously we were all devastated, but most of all my aunt who was Kyna's owner. She took it real hard.

The two kitties slowly grew and so did their personalities. Syble showed her problems which eventually classified her as special needs. But her personality. She is so utterly sweet when she wants to be, she is playful the works. You cant help but to like her :luv

Needless to say because she is so outgoing loving fun and at the same time needful and dependent on people to meet her needs, she has started to fill that void in my aunt's heart.

Syble spends time with me and my aunt, she will sleep in either bed, love on either of us, play with us the works. Syble fills my void of missing my cat Meow when she went missing when we moved and she fill's my aunts void from Kyna.

The problem is I am getting married in a year (nearly Nov 1st 09) Im moving out around that time. Do I take her with me as she is my cat, or leave her with my aunt who it seems needs her more? My mom brought it up to her a few days ago when i wasnt around and my aunt did get upset over it (sad upset not mad)

I love Syble, she is my cat, she was our spur of the moment lets get her too cat, but my aunt loves her too and emotionally needs her more.

So when I move out... Does she stay or does she go? :patback

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Somethings you might want to consider. Cats comfort zone is having the same territory. They feel safe in their own surroundings. Moving can be a challenge but not impossible. It might be nice for her to stay with your aunt in her familar house???

Is your aunt home more to spend time with her? Or will you have more time? How does your fiance feel about cats?

Just wondering if your taking Nub Nub with you? Or would he stay with Syble? Does your aunt want both?

This is a question for Solomon ~ Divide the baby type question!

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Your heart will tell you what will be the best thing to do. Don't worry over it now, wait until you have to make the decision. You have plenty of time.
heidi

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
A year is a long time, in either a cat's or a human's life. A lot can happen in a year's time.
I think you should wait and see. :patback

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We would be living in our old house, Syble has been there before and she loves ripping the house apart in her fun. Nub Nub would be staying here regardless of my choice. My aunt is a detective so she is gone from the house more than I am. My fiance likes Syble alot.

My grandma came by the house today, she recently lost her Husband of several years, Syble apparently wouldnt leave her alone, she really is a special kitty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts