Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read another post here of a missing cat, that came back after 6 months.

Well, we had a pretty big scare a week or two ago.

One morning, I opened the back door to let the Dog (Roxy) out. When I let her in, I did not close the screen and I must not have closed the door all the way.

Unfortunately, we got some good winds that morning/afternoon (door faces south so it gets a bit of wind/rain) and maybe one of the cats/dog may have nudged the door the rest of the way.

I stopped on the way home from work to get some pet food. When I got home, Roxy was waiting for me at the door to go out as she always does. I let her out and went to get the rest of the food out of the trunk.

When I come in again, Roxy is sitting there in the kitchen. I thought I was crazy. I walked over and saw the door open and I started freaking out.

I accounted for three of the four cats and the dog. I could not find the other one for the life of me around the house.

I decided to open food, maybe Gadget was hiding somewhere good and if he heard/smelled the food, he would come. No dice.

My wife was working extra late because she had a staff meeting. So I called my Mother-in-law to man the doors while I tried to look for him. We put food out for him and a litter box.

I tried looking around and it was getting dark, and started raining. I came back home with no luck.

I posted his picture on my vet's page because they will share it. Maybe I would luck out and have patients in the neighborhood.

My wife called me. I was telling her what happened. As I was telling her, I heard a meow at the door and it was Gadget. Mother in law and I dried him off and fed him.

About 5 minutes after my mother in law left, I got a call from someone up the street who saw the shared post of Facebook and she offered help to find him. She was very nice and I told her that I jinxed myself and he came home.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yes, so glad your gadget got home. So, many missing cats stories, I'm now thinking about this outdoor cat called "Midnight" I read on here, that went missing sometime ago. Wonder if he's back.

I do wonder why some cats can make their way home after such a long time and some just don't even when they are nearby.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Thank Heavens Gadget came right back! WHEW!! (Heart attack time!):p
Sharon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts