Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear "games" or activities that your cat develops on his own. I think we may find some things in common.

Today I had the paper bag out (sideways of course). When I threw a wad of paper for him to fetch, rather than fetching like usual, he made a slight detour and brought it inside the paper bag, then started swatting at it from the outside of the bag through a small hole in the bag, or he went in to the bag to play with it.

I know about the amazement of bags, but it seems he made his own game.

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
Similar to that. Book will carry his toys to the bakers rack near their litter box and throw his toys under it and then go crazy trying to get it out through the wire on the shelf.

Book will also carry his foam balls into the bathtub and then starts winging them around in there or takes some of his toys and buries them in blankets and then goes crazy trying to find them again.

Any box becomes a fort for MowMOw to carry stuff into and horde. CUt a tiny paw sized hole in the box and it becomes EPIC. He he howls for someone (doesn't matter if it's me or the kitten) to come by so he can grab them through the hole.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I was in relaxing bed doing some sketches when Magneto hopped up and started to gnaw on the end of my pencil. I say "hey!" and he jumped down making this crazy trill sound. 30 seconds later he was back up there, attempting to munch on my pencil again. He did it a total of about 5 times, it seemed like he was joking around with me and trying to get my full attention.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Lets see.. Sherbert used to take balls to the top of the stairs and watch them bounce down over and over and over.. Gypsy seems to take pleasure in keeping her toys up off the ground forever, like a kid trying to keep a balloon aloft. Toys are taken into boxes and then the cats circle the box shoving paws in through various hole passing it back and forth. dropping a ball off the bed so the pup will investigate so it can be pounced from above is a favorite.

Yeah my cats "invent" games all the time lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Let's see. Tiny loves to take her little rats and fling them into the air with her mouth. She sometimes gets them up around 6 foot high. She'll stop if you see her.

Scratchy loves to find his sister, sit on her, and wash her. He doesn't stop if you see him.

Scratchy also likes to take the same rats Tiny plays with and jump into a chair at our kitchen island. He puts them into a canvas bag on the back of the chair. Then he goes nuts trying to get them back out. If they fall onto the floor, he repeats the process. Sometimes he sits there with a toy in his mouth, like he was about to do something and forgot.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I was folding clothes into a cardboard box the other day, the kind with holes in the sides for handles. Miu was sitting around keeping me company. I had already put several pieces into the box. All of a sudden, a furry paw shot thru the hole from the outside, into the box and smacked down on my shirt. That sent me laughing for a good 5 mins.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My kitties make up their own games but usually princess is the copy cat to Sharky: So SHarky: He makes up lots of games. A. he'll take bottle caps into the bathtub and pretend he's a hockey player...we're thinking of starting a cat hockey team! he will also take same beloved bottle caps or other small cat toys and bat them under closet doors...especially where he can no longer reach them and then lie on his side furiously putting his paw under the door to try to fish the bottle cap out form the closed closet...he'll also purposely push the bottle caps/ toys under the bar and do the same thing. Also every morning he brings me botle caps and walks all over me until we play fetch about 20 times...Princess: she loves to make songs up on our wind chimes and plays with those, also she hides toys just under the fringe of the rug and "digs" under the rug or the bar on her side for the toys....she also loves to hug the rug for some reason and will pull herself along its edges....she's silly! Together my cats and I made up a game where we play hockey, so sharky or princess will push a toy under the door and then i'll bat it back under the door to them and then so on and so on! it's fun!

·
Registered
35 Posts
There's a cat I know that is unamused by almost any toy but loves dropping his dry food into the water bowl and then fishing them out.

·
Premium Member
18,382 Posts
Holly's favorite game is "let's see if I can break momma's ankle" using various methods like pulling up all the heating vents so there are big gaping holes in the floor. Or getting tangled in my legs on the stairs. Or leaving a pile of puke in my path to the bathroom during the night for me to slide on the wood floors.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also she hides toys just under the fringe of the rug and "digs" under the rug or the bar on her side for the toys.
This is similar to a thread I had where cats seem to like to bat things just out of their reach (under couches, refrigerators and such) just to give themselves something to dig at.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
This is similar to a thread I had where cats seem to like to bat things just out of their reach (under couches, refrigerators and such) just to give themselves something to dig at.
I believe they like to knock them out of sight but don't realize that they're going to be far out of reach.
Samantha loved playing hockey with the tab off a gallon milk jug but when I had to move the fridge there were about 50 of them under it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts