Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Well it is a cat photos section of the site. It's not offensive to me at least, although I don't think it has much place here.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I really wasnt thinking about it like that, I just figured they were useing the photo for a game or something. So what do we generally do about something like this? I assume people arent allowed to upload photos here for the sole purpose of linking to them.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Self corta should have notified a mod, rather than start a thread. I would just delete the picture and pm the one who posted it. It appears that was already done?

The link doesn't work in this forum, but it does work in the one self corta started. I added a post asking that all members notify mods, rather than starting a thread. If it had been obscene, a thread would have drawn more attention to it before it was discovered by a mod.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeanie how do I delete the photo? i went to the photo section and did not see any moderator buttons there.

Also should I leave the post (Never Mind) alone as it is, should I add any additonal comments?

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
I looked up all of sajo's posts, and could not find a link to the original. I assume the editing is done differently. I also right clicked it, in hopes that I could delete it. I even went to administration for photos, and no luck. However, I am convinced that this was a mistake of sajo's part. I read half of her (?) posts, and found no problems.

Since this is something we've never dealt with, we'll have to ask catman to delete it, and how we can handle this in the future. I would go to the thread, get the url, and pm this info to catman, with a request that he address our problem also. In other words, catman.HELP!

Would you like to do the honors, Lilly?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes of course I will Jeanie.

I also read Sajos posts and found no problems. I did not find specifically why they uploaded the game screen here, although I know people have uploaded things to put in their posts.

For example, when we had a post topic something to the effect of what does your desktop look like, I uploaded an image of my then desktop. It was nothing to do with cats, however it was in relevence to a post in the cat forum.

So i am going to try to find the post in wich Sajo used the game screen. Maybe they were using it in a post.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
I already did that. It's in the gallery, not a post. If it were in the Game, Hunt, it would be fine. It's just in the wrong place, and I assume it was an accident.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
sorry for getting here late.

i don't have a problem with anyone posting a non-cat photo once in a while. i think this member overreacting a bit.

i changed some settings with the photo gallery. see if you have the option to delete photos.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it seems like we do have the ability to delete photos if necassary now. Thanks Catman.

I think alot of time people upload photos to use in a post, maybe in the lounge or some such thing. I think that was the case with Sajo. I also read a post in Forum help where a member was asking permision to upload something to post in the lounge. I think Zalenisia responded.

It might be neccasary to delete a photo however if it was x rated or if someone was taking advantage of the gallery. In this case I think it was a harmless photo, maybe intended to use in a post or something. I will leave it alone.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts