Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this is a Cat Forum, but I also know quite a lot of people are into gardening here. Maybe I can get some help. I've never gardened in my life, but I really want to grow some spices. In particular, coriander and maybe dill and such. I bought a pot of coriander, and when it looked like it was getting too "mature", I snipped it off at about 1cm from the soil. But now it won't grow back. Is that normal? Will it ever grow again? The same thing happens with my pet grass - it starts growing "old" and yellows, then I cut it, and then it just dies. How can I get it to "respawn"?? I really really want to grow some plants here, but I just massively suck at it, it seems. I'll be happy for any help!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link! It offered some nice tips. Point 4 though, said "Ensure a steady supply of leaves by sowing succession crops every three weeks until late summer." That means they should grow back?? I'm so horrible at this. Maybe it only grows in the summer? Anyway, I'm still not sure about my pet grass either. Why can't I ever get anything to re-grow?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts