Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about geckos? i want one but i dont know if they are hard to take care of or what not. Does anyone know Prices and if they are hard to take care of?

·
Registered
349 Posts
My older son used to have a lepard gecko. She was a cute thing. He had her for about 4 years. We did end up giving her away to a junior high science class as he didn't want to take her with him when he moved out. To answer your quesions. I don't know the actual cost at all but they are fairly inexpensive as far as lizards go. You will need to put in a little money for the set up though. They are very easy to take care of providing you do the right thing. Lizards do need heat, uv lights, the proper substrate and the proper foods....live foods, and of course water. She mainly ate crickets and worms, sprinkled with reptile vitamins. Geckos are very good beginner lizards. Because the leopard gecko is more of a desert lizard that makes it easier. You don't have to worry quite so much about humidity. I would recommend reading about them first, I'm sure there are sites online about gecko care. They are easy to care for but have very specific needs. Also, I would get a young one or one that is used to being handled. Make sure to handle it regularly. Have fun if you decide to get one! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts