Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boots has been puking again recently, hairballs daily. I resumed giving her pentramalt like before. We went through this puking phase in the past, a couple months ago. She's been shedding a lot.

Yesterday she ate some really rank raw chicken out of the trash. Can this cause gelatinous vomit?

I went to wake her up this morning and normally she gets up, stretches, and is up before I'm even dressed waiting for food. I rubbed her side to wake her up. Sang to her like I always do, she didn't move. Went and put some food in her bowl, came back, she was still sleeping. She opened her eyes before I left the room so I knew she wasn't dead, plus she was purring. I picked her up and she put her head on my chest all sad-like.

All day she's been sleeping off and on, moping around, you can tell she just doesn't feel good. The last few hours, after puking, she seems to be feeling better.

I left for a few hours, came home to find vomit on her kitty bed mat. I washed it off in the sink and it was like one giant boogie. Colored like her cat food (brownish).

Can eating bad chicken cause the vomit to be like a loogie? This chicken was in the fridge for 5 days after opening (in a zip lock) so I tossed it then she got into it. Her appetite is still normal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Krystal had a gelatinous vomit glob the other day after eating fresh raw chicken (she's still transitioning to raw food and gets sick often). So maybe it's not necessarily the fact that it was older chicken that made Boots have gelatinous vomit? Maybe it was just the environment of her stomach that day - the enzymes or acids caused it to become gelatinous. Just a guess, though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts