Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sisters friends boss who I will call G I guess breeds bobtails or something. Her female got out and bred with a stray male. So she had 3 long tailed cats in the litter. I guess she told my sisters friend we will call O that she is going to throw them out for the coyotes. So O told G I might foster and not to do that. O called me and gave me G's number. I called G explaining I will foster but I'm not equipped to bottle feed so at 8 weeks I will come get them so they can interact with mom and the litter ans learn some things. She said she will mot be wasting her time with them that long. She said she will only keep them as long as 5 1/2 weeks after that if I don't have them she will throw them in the woods. Honestly after talking to this women and finding out more about her it wouldn't surprise me. There 5 days old today. I'm kitten proofing ny room now. I will have a large crate for them to be in at first until 8 weeks. Casey will not be able to interact with them until 8 weeks and that will be with strict supervision. I will let her meet them through the crate to get to know them. Will have a vet visit scheduled to check them out and once I know there healthy and strong will begin looking for homes. Going to be a long few months in this house,lol. At almost 6 weeks I'm guessing they will be big enough for wet food. I'm going to buy milk replacment for them to lap up till about 6 1/2 weeks.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
DicesMom,
OMG! This is so sad...It wouldn't surprise me if this was a back yard breeder! To have so little compassion for both the mama cat and her kittens...
To throw the kittens out? :eek:
Sooooo glad you're stepping up to the plate to help these wee ones!:thumbup::thumbup:
You know you'll get lots of help here from willing 'aunties and uncles'!! :D

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
How disgusting people can be :( Thank you so much for what you are doing to help these kittens. I will never understand the heartlessness of some people. Never ever, in a million years.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I don't understand people :-( I'm definitely going to have to do some money crunching as kittens are not cheap but I can do it. One is possibly going to stay with me if I find one that has a personality to fit with my clan,lol. I am told all are black and white. I'm trying to get a pic of them so I can start seeing if a family is interested.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also though the bobtail gene was recessive so even if you breed bobtail/bobtail you will still get long tails? Maybe my science is wrong but it makes me wonder how many kittens she has "gotten rid of".

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Dicesmom, What a chilling thought........

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My cousin may already be interested in one. She had a cat a few years ago and she sadly got out and hit :( She might have her husband talked into another cat. He only wants a male though and I'm not sure what these kitten are....and probably won't until I get them.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
That is revolting!! OMG who throws tiny kittens out into the woods??
Bless you a million times over for saving these wee ones!!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm now only getting 2. O's mom is taking one and convinced her boss to keep one with the litter till 9 weeks. But she is for some reason only keeping one and the other two she could care less about. I'm keeping one of the two so will only have to adopt out one. Me,O, and my sister are going on a shopping spree soon for kitten things. I have some but all of its been through so many foster kittens its time for new things,lol.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Throw the kittens out to the coyotes?!?!?! How CRUEL and heartless....who does this..and admits it????

I'm sure its not the first time :( makes me very mad

·
Registered
836 Posts
What a revolting excuse for a person! If it were me, I'd be documenting every conversation and email exchange with this person, so charges could be laid in the event that she's ever investigated for making good on those threats or something similarly despicable! People like this, who intentionally breed animals for profit, and then abuse or neglect them, aren't worth the saliva required to spit on them! :x

·
Registered
98 Posts
What an AWFUL breeder!! I would never even consider going to that breeder. How awful!!!

dt8thd said it pretty accurately......aren't worth the saliva to spit on em....

Probably is not the first time they've culled their litter. =/

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's the expected date you are actually getting them Dicesmom?
Probably easter weekend. I have a four day vacation from school that week. I want them to stay with mom as long as possible but jot too long as the breeder said she will kill them if I don't get them at a certain date(weekend after easter) and the weekend of easter is the best for me.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What an AWFUL breeder!! I would never even consider going to that breeder. How awful!!!

dt8thd said it pretty accurately......aren't worth the saliva to spit on em....

Probably is not the first time they've culled their litter. =/
It's not :-( they have admitted to suffocating a cat in a plastic bag before :-( I guess ac as been called but the cats are in general good health have food Nd water and shelter. No real proof of what they do so nothing can be done.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Dicesmom, This just makes me feel soooo sick to my stomach...
The sooner you get those wee ones, the better...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts