Cat Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
It's not :-( they have admitted to suffocating a cat in a plastic bag before :-( I guess ac as been called but the cats are in general good health have food Nd water and shelter. No real proof of what they do so nothing can be done.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
That's why you and "O" need to start collecting evidence. As trappers, we get called in to deal with hoarding situations sometimes. Hoarders tends to be more receptive to help from us than from Animal Control or City Bylaws, which are completely impotent in the case of animal hoarding situations, unless they have a huge amount of proof or are allowed into the residence by the home owner--which is often the hoarder themselves.

While our goal while trapping feral cats in a hoarding situation is, of course, rescuing the cats and helping the hoarder with a situation that has spiralled out of control, it's also important to document the condition of the residence and animals because, while having a clinical disorder, like hoarding, is a mitigating factor, the animals in these situations really do suffer, and that's not okay. Documenting evidence from inside the home means that, should the hoarder become uncooperative, or accumulate more animals--as many of them do, you have a way to, hopefully, prove a case of animal abuse.

In any case, I find it incredibly disturbing that this woman is so flippant about and openly admits to the abuse--like she's getting something positive from it and/or from the reactions of the people she tells. She actually sounds like a really scary individual!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Dicesmom, This just makes me feel soooo sick to my stomach...
The sooner you get those wee ones, the better...
If it was Sumer vacation I'd probably have them already but I don't have time to bottle feed New wee ones :-( and most if the .conversations have been verbal :/ others have to know about it besides the small group of us involved in the kittens. I'm going to email someone at Tue local PD who is highly involved in dog rescue(it was through her I got my yellow lab and she has helped me out a lot with stray cats). I'm hopisng they at least go by and check in on all the animals again

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's why you and "O" need to start collecting evidence. As trappers, we get called in to deal with hoarding situations sometimes. Hoarders tends to be more receptive to help from us than from Animal Control or City Bylaws, which are completely impotent in the case of animal hoarding situations, unless they have a huge amount of proof or are allowed into the residence by the home owner--which is often the hoarder themselves.

While our goal while trapping feral cats in a hoarding situation is, of course, rescuing the cats and helping the hoarder with a situation that has spiralled out of control, it's also important to document the condition of the residence and animals because, while having a clinical disorder, like hoarding, is a mitigating factor, the animals in these situations really do suffer, and that's not okay. Documenting evidence from inside the home means that, should the hoarder become uncooperative, or accumulate more animals--as many of them do, you have a way to, hopefully, prove a case of animal abuse.

In any case, I find it incredibly disturbing that this woman is so flippant about and openly admits to the abuse--like she's getting something positive from it and/or from the reactions of the people she tells. She actually sounds like a really scary individual!
I guess she has two sides she is super nice or the evilest person you will ever meet. Because of this I'm meeting her at a public place,and I will have my large dog and a friend with me.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
I think about the movie
"101 Dalmatians"...
What was her name?? Cruelzilla or something like that?? :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Any word on these kittens?
Sure hoping for the best...

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Dicesmom, I'm praying for the best...

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Dicesmom, WOW! Some people...
I'd be PO'd too!! I just hope the kittens are safe!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts