Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, so i have 2 kitties, we got one in march or something and then the other in may and it took them a month or so to get along (the older cat, Mocha kept hissing and growling at noodles for a bit, then one day decided that Noodles was ok. ) so they have been getting along very well since prolly mid june or early july.... Today we had to take Noodles to get spayed and when we brought her back...Mocha started growling and hissing again, as if this was a new cat in the house. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? Right now Noodles is locked up in the bathroom in hopes that she will settle down, sleep and let her scar heal properly. She will have to be in for a couple of days I know that, but i don't want Mocha to start picking on her again esp. now that Noodles is a bit weak.

thanks,
Lena

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
That's perfectly normal. It's because Noodles smells different now. Putting a drop of vanilla on the backs of their necks, rubbing a towel on one, then the other, will help them to smell the same again.

If that doesn't work, I've seen Noodles' picture, and you're more than welcome to send her to San Diego. :luv

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol thanks, we will try the towel method :D We were mostly surprised my Mocha's actions because now she doesnt even really want to be pet, and shes been uber needy all day today and also yesterday...Im wondering if its because shes also not spayed yet.. we really need to get on that- tho thank goodness she doesnt go out side... as cute as kittens are, we really don't need them atm (tho i really want to get another kitty from the guy we got Noodles from... :? .... :D

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
If she can smell Noodles on you, she's probably backing away because of that.

It'll be fine, they just need a little time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me! Except, honestly, the towel and vanilla method did not work. I'm not trying to under mind the person who advised you to do it just telling you my experience. It took my cats about 2 weeks before things went back normal. Just giving you a time frame. It was a rough two weeks though :patback

1 - 5 of 5 Posts