Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short my vet has been trying to get urine sample from my 11 year old male cat now twice and unable to. He lost some weight so bloodwork showed might be early kidney disease. Left him twice now all day at vet and nothing.

and yes he’s going at home. And not straining. Last time he didn’t pee, he peed in evening no problem at all. i have to take him back a third time friday( vet gave me Nosorb the first time and he wanted nothing to do with it so that’s not an option)

Any suggestions how we can get him to produce urine for his morning appointment on Friday ? Today I know he didn’t urinate at least 3 hours before we left bc he was sleeping so I am not sure what more I can do!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can’t they syringe it out if they can feel he’s got some in his bladder? I’m currently waiting for my girl to pee and the vet said this morning if she had any in her bladder they would have done that but she didn’t. Idk maybe it’s not the same with boys.
I’ve since found out they meant put a needle into the bladder and syringe it out. Pretty extreme way to get a sample if you ask me.
This is what I just did. Got my girl to hold on for a few hours then I followed her to where she goes to the loo and just as she was about to wee I stuck a plate under her and caught the wee. Just don’t do what I did and contaminate it was sand. It was hard as she’s a fluff ball and her fluff swished it on the plate. We’re livid. Any way hope that helps. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts