Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i brought my first kitten around a week ago. I am in an apartment, so he is a 'house cat' and settling in really well. The first few days, it didn't smell at all in here but now its started to smell really bad. He is eating wet kitten food (which is particulary stinky) and using a litter tray (which is also very stinky).
I have an open plan kitchen/living room and his bed, bowls & litter tray are all under the table away from my 2 year old sons reach but this means, that they are in the main room of the apartment and smell really bad. I am home all day, most days so i clean out every poop he does almost immediately and first thing in the morning when i wake up, but it still smells really bad in here. I can open the window, spray air freshner and nothing seems to be helping. Is there anything i can use or any tricks to keep the apartment smelling nice and fresh with a cat living in it? Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Okay. You may need to clean his food bowl after he eats. Some cats don't like for their owners to clean their food bowls, though. It seems like you keep the litterbox pretty clean. You can try some scented litter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.