Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For weeks now I've been coming home and seeing the touch lamps in my bedrooms turned on. Closet doors left open wide my robe left scattered around the room. The cushions on my sofa have been found in other rooms in the house. And the scariest thing was the taps in the bathroom left on. Not fully but dripping. It only ever happens when I leave the house. I'm not really one for freaking out but it was starting to scary me.So today I came home and found my 1 year old cat walking backwards dragging a cushion with his teeth into my bedroom. Apparently my little cat who acts all innocent when I'm around has a lot of fun when I am away. He's my first cat and I didn't realize he could be so naughty. I thought he just slept all day considering he's awake all night.

Is this a normal thing for cats to do or does my cat just like to freak me out?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Haha! I'd say you have a kitty with a lot of spunk! :D

Anything with long shoe laces would be fair game for my cats growing up... Shoes from one end of the house to the other! Garbage cans would be tipped over and they especially loved batting qtips, cotton balls and pens around! Lol

Mine grew out of everything besides qtips and pens... Lol

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Oh boy, you got a BAD boy, LOL!!! He is naughty! And I thought my Stephano was bad. He opens cabinets and drawers. I TWICE came home to all the drawers in my kitchen open, where he got the cat nip, chewed through the bag, and was laying on the kitchen floor among all the catnip. I have come home to the drawers open and him sitting in one of the drawers in the kitchen, or in the cabinet where the dishes are. He has finally gotten too big to climb the curtains, thankfully.

But your boy wins the naughty boy prize. Sounds like you need to get him another cat to play with, maybe that might help him get out some of that crazy cat energy, LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
LOL. That is hilarious!! It sounds like he's just bored and keeping himself occupied (next thing you know he's going to be throwing parties, inviting all of the girl kitties over, etc. :)). I'd probably look into getting him a companion too. It sounds like has a lot of energy and could really use a playmate? :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Lol! What a busy boy. Ramona is always opening cupboards. It's not unusual to come downstairs in the morning and find all of the closets with folding doors wide open. My current foster's shtick at the moment is to pretend complete disinterest in any toy I bring her when I'm in the room with her, and then absolutely destroy it in the 2 minutes when I leave to get something from downstairs. I come back to bits of feather all over the room, but Choco-cat is in the exact same spot as she was when I left. :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
LOL. That is hilarious!! It sounds like he's just bored and keeping himself occupied (next thing you know he's going to be throwing parties, inviting all of the girl kitties over, etc. :)). I'd probably look into getting him a companion too. It sounds like has a lot of energy and could really use a playmate? :)
What she said. My mini clowder have reached the age (kitten "teens") where they are now big enough and strong enough to be looking for new places to investigate (knowing that the treats come from the above the kitchen counter cabinet)... but then they get distracted with each other (so far!).

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
That is really funny! Your kitten seems to be a handful. At least you did not have to call the Ghostbusters. Maybe another kitten close in age will curb his enthusiasm.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
haha...I love to see kitty dragging cushion too, like you said walking backwards wtih a cushion in his mouth, lol..

Anyway, not related to cat, I had a scare too just couple months back. One afternoon, I just found the fan turned on by itself, I thought I'd forgotton to turn it off earlier. So went to turn it off, but it turned back on 1min later. Turned off again and it turned back on immediately, I freaked out, unplugged it immediately, quickly smsed hubby 'we have a ghost in the house'.

Then I went on with house cleaning only to discover I had a book right on top of the remote control. Oh..so...could that be the reason why it turned on by itself. So, I plugged it on again and everything was back to normal.

·
Registered
286 Posts
*every* morning when my mom gets up for work (she leaves at 6:15 so she's always the first one up) the dish towels from the kitchen are *somewhere* in the house. Sometimes it's just on the kitchen floor, sometimes one will be on the table, or in the other room on the couch, or downstairs in a dog bed, but always somewhere. Cats are weird.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I know I have told this story on here before, but Taffy, my maine coon, hunts socks. Every day he gets into the basket of mis matched socks that is on the dryer, and he mews his funny little mew, loudly, which normally he doesn't make more than the occasional peep, and he lines them up in a neat little row....or a circle, however he feels like doing it that day. After a few hours, he has hunted them all and they are lined up in a neat little row. It's so funny, people that don't know about his "odd" habit, often when they come over to m yhouse they wonder why there are socks strewn across the living room floor. I just pick them up, put them back so he can do it all again tomorrow. And he has never failed me, he does this every single day :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts