Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to a birthday party this Saturday for our friends' son who is turning one. He is a very big boy, and I haven't seen him in a few months, so I couldn't begin to guess his clothing size. (For example, at 6 months, he was bigger than our other friend's son who has 5 months on him!!!) He's definitely going to be a football player.

Anyway, I'm planning a trip to KB Toys. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I always went the easy route...for my best friend's son I just asked my friend...for clothes I didn't want to buy anything too small, and for toys I didn't want to buy anything he already had...So, I always got a few ideas of what her son might want/need and went from there. Sorry I can't be more help!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I have four nephews, and when they were little I always bought them cars, trucks, or Legos. You can't go wrong with any of these.

Just be sure to read the packaging for the age level of the toy. Small pieces (anything that can fit through a toilet paper tube) are a choking hazard. If you buy a stuffed toy, make sure that there are no eyes, ribbons, etc. that could come off. Everything ends up in their mouths!!

I am also a big fan of the Fisher-Price Little People toys -- not sure of the age range on these, but I think it would be OK.

Kids also love stuff that makes noise, spins, or lights up. Drives the parents crazy, though! :lol:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well I'm sure you alreay dhave the present but just in case...
kind of depends on the kid - some 1 year olds are walking and some are not - but whatever you get, if they can't play with it now, they will be able in the future. :)

Blocks.
One of those bopper things that you punch and it bounces back up.
Fisher Price cars/trucks.
An inflatable pool.
One of those things that hook up to the hose and spray water (I got my friend's 1 yr old a dolphin one).
Sandbox toys.
Any kind of toy for the bath.
Gift certificate.
One of those wooden ducks that they can pull behind them.
Fisher Price popper - they push it in front of them and the balls pop up.
Hockey net with sticks and a ball. :)

So what did you get? Tell us!! :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The party went well... it was very cute with all the kids running around.

We decided to get him a mega blocks truck set and a blow-up punching toy (you know that kind that will stand back up after you hit them). His dad was especially excited for the punching toy. LOL. Think it'll be perfect for the little (big) guy!

Thanks for all the ideas!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts