Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new cat owner. My boss has 3 cats, all rescued. She's been so supportive to me, giving me lots of cat advice, giving me free time off to take Daryl to the vet, and she gave Daryl a goodie bag full of treats, food, toys and a collar. Since Christmas is coming, I'd like to get her and her cats something special, but I have no idea what to get that she doesn't already have. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I'd get HER a giftcard to somewhere like Bed Bath and Beyond or Linens and Things (are they still around?), or Pier One.

I'd get the CAT a gift card to Petco or Petsmart (whichever she has nearby).

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Daryl,
Does she have a favorite cat rescue or organization?
If so, making a Christmas donation to one of those places, in her and her cats names, by you, I'm sure would be very appreciated!
Most rescues/organizations have Special Cards for those purposes, especially during all the Holidays!
So there's one idea...:)
Sharon

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
That charity donation is a great idea, 10cats. :)
I'd see if maybe I could offer her free pet sitting (by you) for a weekend sometime during the year when you're not busy, if she doesn't already have a cat sitter she uses already.

I think this year my cats will get a huge scratch/lounge from me, I've been wanting that thing for months!

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
An invitation to CatForum.com...the best cat gift ever! :lol:

I like the cat sitting idea. Make up a little certificate and include a few toys or treats. Da Bird is a great toy if they don't already have one.

And what quality of food and treats is she using? If she's not well educated in that area you may be able to show her there's better stuff out there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All great suggestions, thank you!

I knit and crochet and thought about making a kitty toiletpaper cover or something, but she's a little "high end" so I'm not sure it would be appreciated. I, for one, would love to have one in my bathroom! :)

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
Didn't know something homemade would be an option :lol:

How about making each kitty their own mini throw that they can lay on? When I volunteered at the shelter we had a woman who crocheted large granny squares and a new one was put in the cage with each cat when they came in and went with them to their new home. They would always be laying on them an kneading.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
I have a friend that makes clay ornaments of people's cats. They are gorgeous and great quality and value. One of each of his cats would make a great gift!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ooh, great ideas!!

Yeah, the homemade option was an afterthought, lol. I say every year I'm going to make Christmas gifts and start in July, but that never happens. I MAY have time if I start now.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
If you're a crafty person, I've always wanted to have a cozy cat cave for my two. It's sold in my local pet store, and they are gorgeous but pricey! Granted it's not knitting I know, but still works with fabrics (felt and wool) and they make wonderful gifts to any cat owner, me thinks! :idea :catsm

Have a look:More Beautiful Felted Cat Caves and Beds from Lithuania*|*moderncat :: cat products, cat toys, cat furniture, and more…all with modern style

There are several tutorials online if you are inclined to making them...usually they're blog posts, but easily found if you google it. (Sorry, can't make link to blogs here).

·
Registered
836 Posts
I made a glass Christmas ornament for my vocal teacher years ago. I surreptitiously took photos of her two cats; printed them off on photo paper; and sandwiched them, back to back, between two pieces of round beveled glass; then I wrapped the edges in copper tape and soldered the pieces together. It was a good gift for her because it was personal, inexpensive, subtle and tasteful, rather than kitschy in the way that cat ornaments can sometimes be.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
How did it go? Don't feel bad, I'm STILL doing my Christmas shopping!

Does your boss have a big back yard? How about a place in the back where she and Kitty can observe wildlife?

Gift-wise, some lawn furniture and a screened cat enclosure. Throw in a supply of beverages or a beverage maker?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have seen custom blanket/throws that have a photo of your choice. I have seen them and have always wanted to get one to cuddle in with my pets. I gave my bosses a mug that is black then shows a picture (of your choice) when they put something hot in it. I put in my Christmas card on it and a message saying how much they have been appreciated.

What is her favourite thing to do? Lots of awesome ideas going around here.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How did it go? Don't feel bad, I'm STILL doing my Christmas shopping!
I ended up getting her a black & white cat mug that looks like one of her cats, and some small girly-gift things. For her cats some grain-free treats and a fuzzy ball. I appreciate all the good ideas and will make a note of them for next year. In the last month I've spent nearly $1,000 on my dog in vet visits, procedures, and meds. I'm emotionally and financially drained. But Daryl and Barney are getting a TON of presents!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts