Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18 years ago when I got with my SO his mom made me this blanket. As I was folding it I thought I would share. I still use it alot and it still makes me smile to see it. And to think she did it without a pattern

Attachments

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It weighs a ton. she doubled the threads on it. To me it looks like it took forever to crochet. I love it. My kids do also since i continuously find in in one of their rooms lol. I can honestly say in 18 years , with all the wear and tear, washing, cats and people using it. I am surprised it has never started to unravel. I would hate to have to store it and never use it.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
That's heirloom. It's beautiful.

I want a blanket like that, and an SO. Preferably with a mother that loves cats and crochets me blankets.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. It is a special gift. She has made others and has given everyone away . But this is the only cat one she ever did. I am thinking of asking her to do me another, I would scrape together the funds for the Yarn. And maybe auction it off to help our local rescue, which has kindly given me my youngest family member (yeah its a dog pic is in the album). But then I may keep it and donate the money myself (j/k)

Anyway to give you an idea on the size, that's a queen sized bed. Nothing smaller would fit 2 people and 3 cats at night.

Oh and Straysmom.... hard for the normal average everyday SO to compete when you already have a Prince in your life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts