Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!

Let me introduce my girl! She is 7 months old and her name is Ginfis.
We´ve got her from the animal shelter in October. She has got used to us (and we to her) and her new surroundigs very quickly. Even if she can be very naughty, we already love her to pieces!
She likes to play with everything what moves. She is very lively (at least she was). She had an appointment on Monday and she was sterilized. We will see if her personality will change a little bit.
She likes to jump on the door handle and opens the door. :cat3
Also, our Christmas tree seems to provoke her very much!:xmasstree
I will post more pictures soon!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah I dont have a christmas tree this year... If Max things I'm a cat tree... and Zeus is starting to climb me also... they would destroy the tree for sure. Cleo is the only well behaved kitty right now the other two are monsters :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
lol christmas trees provoke her!? Cute! Neko and Gato were already fixed when I got them but they're both very lively cats and I've had other animals, dogs and bunnies that I've had fixed and it never changed their personality. One of my dogs didn't get fixed till he was like three or four years old. (we didn't want to get him fixed but he kept running off) but even at his age getting fixed didn't change him a bit.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wondercat,
It is very truth! christmass tree + cat = big risk. I am a bit scared too. So far, she just amuses herself by trying to disconnect the christmas balls from the tree with her paw and after she is playing with them. Fortunatelly, so far she did not get the idea to climb on the tree!

Kitbassgirl,
I read some articles where they write that after they are fixed they tend to get a little bit calmer.:smile: I dont know. I will see. But I think it is a good news that personality of your cats did not change. I would like her to stay so lively and playfull as she is now. Even if I know that when she will be older she will not play as much as she is playing now. Have to enjoy the times when she is still "baby" and playfull :kittyball

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I downloaded more pictures form my phone. So you can have a closer look on my little Ginfis!

Yes, she loves to sleep in the sink in the bathroom, I don´t understand why...However, her favorite place it the one on the blanket on the sofa...and she likes to sit on the top of the washing machine and wait for me until I finish my shower.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Such an adorable and snuggly girl! Arrr, you got a sink-napper too... Made me jealous. How come my cats never go into the sink? >_<

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you! :) it is cute when she sleeps in the sink but she also makes all around dirty with her wet paws. Bad kitty! :cat
there is nothing to be jealous of :)

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Syrena, how do you pronounce Ginfis' name? I speak English, so naturally, my mind wants to give her name the American pronunciation of jin-fiss. However, I did take French in high school, so I know that with most French words that end in a consonant, the consonant is silent. I'm thinking that the French pronunciation of her name is more along the lines of this: "Gin" is pronounced like the French word pain and "fis" is pronounced like the French word fils. Am I corrrect?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi my4kitties!

My use to pronounce it this way: Gin - like the alcohol (alcohol kitty?:devil) and fiss, exactly how did you wrote it,,,fiss is pronounced like from the French word fils.
i am rpoud to announce that finally she begins to react to her name in last days. Especially when i am playing with her. I call her name and she comes...not only for feeding time!
Probably she begins to be accustomed to her name...Yupiiiii :jump

·
Registered
594 Posts
She is too cute...my Squeek loves the Christmas tree too, she keeps inspecting it. Lickorish hasn't gone to the living room yet (at least not when people are around).

Carla

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Ginfis begins to be more lap cat right now. I was happy to get to pet her for 1 minute after I came home from work, but now she tends to jump on my lap and wants me to pet her much more often. Yeaaah! I am super exited about that! :jump

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts