Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's GS cookie time again. This morning I went to the grocery store (starved) and at the exit door were three sweet faced little girls selling cookies. All I had on my mind was Caramel Delights and a cup of coffee. The cookies are up to $3.50 a box. 8O I bought two boxes. When I sold them (back when I was crossing the prarie) they were .47 per box.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hahaha reprot! I can see you now with your little bonnet on in your horse drawn carriage. "can I trade you these fine cookies for your ox sir??"

anyways....Sean supposidly ordered some from a coworker ...if not I may need to trade him in for an ox.

I love those cookies....my fav's are caramel delights (or samoas depending on what part of the U.S. you are in). Thin mints and treefoils (shortbread cookies). The price has not gone up as much as I would have thought by now. about 15 years ago I was selling for $2.50 I think.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
manitu22 said:
Hahaha reprot! I can see you now with your little bonnet on in your horse drawn carriage. "can I trade you these fine cookies for your ox sir??"
LMAO!! :lol: :lol: That is a hoot, Kris.

I am a former Scout leader. Where I live, the cookies sell for $4.00/box. 8O They were $3.00 just a few years ago, and ours were the cheapest around. The prices are set locally so it varies quite a bit.

I love the Tagalongs, too!! I think I'll try freezing mine, too...great idea. 8)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think when I was a girl scout they were $2.50 a box and once I sold the most for the area (had to be in the thousands) and my troop got to go on a special trip for it. I sometimes buy them if I run into a girl scout. My favs are the somoas (the ones that are chocolate and coconut). My hubby loves thin mints!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I like the peanut butter cookies. A co-worker gave me one their new cookies, it was like an oatmeal raisin that I bet my husband would like.
I was a girl scout only one year. I was so shy that I stood outside of Walmart when we were selling cookies and I didn't want to go up and ask anyone if they wanted to buy cookies. I remember my mom trying to persuade me to do it. :oops:

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Well, most of the times I see girl scout cookies I see the mothers selling them :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could easily afford those for myself (especially since I only eat one or two cookies at a time) but if I buy them my fiance and his brother WILL eat dozens of boxes at one setting. How they stay so skinny is beyond my comprehension.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I remember back when I was a girl scout, we actually went door to door selling them. None of this standing in front of the grocery store thing!
I got some from a co-worker. 2 boxes of the peanut butter sandwich cookies and 1 box of the caramel delights.
I love the way they package them in single serving boxes 8)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
OMG! Caramel Delights are my absolute favorite. My husband and I used to get hit hard with Girl Scouts selling cookies up until a couple of years ago. They've since grown up and aren't girl scouts anymore so we don't know anyone selling right now. It's probably just as well 'cuz I'd eat 'em too fast if we had them in house! :oops:

·
Registered
15 Posts
You guys are lucky! We Canadians get to enjoy the very basic, traditional vanilla or chocolate girl guide cookies, and on very special occassions, their mint-chocolate cookies. $4.00 a box last time I checked for those ones....I need to take a special trip to the US, just for some GS cookies!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Caramel Delights are sooooo good. My co-worker told me about the new oatmeal raisin, I would love to try those too. I am really craving these cookies again :crazy

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I put thin mints in the freezer too, and sometimes I crumble them over my ice cream. YUM! I sold them when I was in Brownies, but I cannot remember how much they were then. :( I didn't realize it was that time of year again either -- I think I need to go hunt for Girl Scouts tomorrow. :twisted:

PS -- I've seen them on sale at the grocery store before. I was under the impression they weren't such a seasonal thing anymore.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts