Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wiggle Hello everyone!

I wrote a thread not to long titled "OMG what have I done". It was about the nasty time I had after I accidently poisoned my pretty Kitty. Well she is doing really well but has been battling bouts of diarhea since then. I have been syringing her anti diarhea pills through syringe mixed with water for a while now and she absolutly hates it. To her they taste horrible and she spits and foams all over the place after taking them. I have been feeling really bad for her for that. I was at the vet today for my little rabbit when I noticed they had these things called Pill Pockets by Greenies. Tonight I gave her one without a pill in it to see what she would think and she loved it. Then at med time I gave her one with a pill and she gobbled it up without hesitation! :lol: I was so pleased that it was such a great success for both her and I. No more fighting to take in her yucky pill! I wanted to share this because I have seen other threads about taking pills and I though I could share this in hopes to help others who may be having to battle the terrible med time like me. I am so happy Kitty can take her pills with joy instead of being so unhappy!!:thumb

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Congrats on finding a better way to pill your cat. However, I must warn you that sometimes cats eventually realize that the pill is inside so make sure that it is covered well. Hope she never notices the difference ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
My girls aren't fooled by them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:blackcat So far so good with the pill pockets. I sure hope she doesn't catch on to me or else it's back to the hard way, which is much more unpleasent. I tried rolling the pill up in some cheese and she ate the cheese but left the pill. :lol: I made sure I really rolled the pill up good in the pill pocket and it seemed to work really well. I can see how some cats might figure it out, but my little girl is a sucker for a yummy treat! :-o

1 - 6 of 6 Posts