1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
They are designed to be given in addition to organs. Mostly because unless you are feeding whole prey (and most don't!) you'll be lucky to get more than just liver. Heart is really considered muscle meat. The glandular supplements take place of things like spleen, pancreas, etc.

I've really wanted to get some for my dog as I really do lack a lot of variety and to be honest, organs in general. I'll feed whole chickens and whatever comes with them, and every now and then remember to buy some beef liver to split into several feedings but that's about it. I used to be able to find kidneys but have had a really hard time lately.

I don't think its an absolute necessity but I think its a great addition if you can manage it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Its really a personal choice depending upon what you have to offer.

I have all the variety I could dream of so they've never crossed my mind I can get beef and pork secreting organs of any kind and then normal organs everyone can get in their grocery.

Leslie

·
Banned
952 Posts
Interesting. I've been meaning to review Whole Foods' glandular offerings for a while now, as I can reliably get only liver and kidney for my kitties' diet.

Thanks for the links, I'll have to check them out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts