Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: My uncle called my mom and told her that gas is going up 15 cents tomorrow. So, if you need gas, go get it now! :lol: :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, there are like 3 different kinds and I dont know which one people normally get the most. But one was 2.55, and I saw another one that said 2.35, I dont remember the one in the middle though.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I like gasbuddy, if I'm home and remember I need gas I try to look up where the best prices are. I'm also glad that I can sort by the company, too. I only use BP.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
icklemiss21 said:
find cheap gas on www.gasbuddy.com

We use it for work - when you are filling huge truck tanks every penny makes a difference
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's an overuse of emoticons, I know, but I took a peek on gasbuddy.com to see where the cheapest gas is in North Dakota. I'd have to drive over almost 2 hours to get to where some lower prices are and the cheapest stuff in my state is over 4 hours from here. By the time I drove all the way there and back I could have saved a ton of money just not going anywhere! :lol:

Oh well! I guess that's the "price we pay" (no pun intended) for living in such a small, unpopulated state. People pretty much get away with charging whatever they want to.

I'm glad I ran across this thread, though. My husband just left with my car to fill it up at the station a couple blocks from here.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
According to the Canadian Automobile Association - 43% - it fluctuates between 39% and 52% depending on the province

I could check on the pump next time but I will forget :)

Oh and they like to try and trick us by only putting the GST Tax amount on receipts and not all the other taxes so you think you are only getting charged 7%

·
Registered
903 Posts
icklemiss21 said:
Gas here is hitting $1.00/L - but its been in the 90-95c range all week.
Lucky You!!! Here on vancouver island it went from $104.9/L last weekend to $108.9/L a few days ago! (equivalent to USD $3.45/gallon)

I don't currently own a car but have had one to use for the past few weeks, bad timing!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
It jumped 10 cents yesterday in here in Alberta... currently 98.9c/litre. Which I know I should not complain about, but I pass no less than 4 active oilwells between here and work 30 kms away, so I am going to complain anyway... I've never seen it above 90c, and honestly thought $1 never going to happen :roll:

·
Registered
327 Posts
well the most expensive here was the one mentioned on our news thats around $2.83 around hollywood 8O but the prices arent thaT dramatically lower anywhere else yet theres so many SUVs here.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I got gas today and was thinking about posting a thread asking how much people pay for gas where they live.
I'm in SoCal and today paid $2.79/gal for regular and that is 10 cents per gal cheaper than most places I have seen.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I wanna move to America :cry: Where I live I'm paying around 90pence (about $1.60) per LITRE. I am so glad I have a small car.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Misty beat me to it :)
Try living here with out bills.

Edit, I just checked the new prices for cornwall cause we went up too, ill put the right prices in my post in a minute.

Edit edit lol

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 litres

Petrol in cornwall.
£1/litre.

1gallon= £3.70
1gallon US= $6.71

When you pay the same as us we will give you some sympathy ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
I hear what you are saying, Misty and Zalensia...I have an English friend who thinks I am crazy to complain about gas prices...

Thing is, just 2-3 years or so ago, it was LESS than $1.00/gallon. We started going through these extremely rapid increases which is shocking the American public. American's are much too dependent on their cars, but with it being such a large country, and with mass transit limited to major cities only...what do you do? As a whole, we pay much less in the US for gas compared to the rest of the world, but we also have such a greater dependence on it. Many of us have these cars that get a whopping 15 miles to the gallon on a good day (my hubby's included!)

Two or three days ago, I saw that gas was $2.24 gal. Yesterday it was $2.65 at the same DISCOUNT station (this was for the lowest grade...each grade is an additional $0.10 gallon or more). Luckily, my little Toyota Corolla isn't a gas hog, but my hubby drives a minivan that is much greedier. Also, I rarely go anywhere. My 2004 car (bought Jan of '04) has a grand total of 4,100 miles on it! :lol: I think I have filled it up about 6 times total since I bought it 18 months ago. :wink: Even so, my hubby has put more miles on it than I have...and I hate when he drives it! :twisted: (He will ALWAYS leave the gas tank on "E"...and don't get me started on the other things he does with/to my poor car!)

My daughter and I were discussing this yesterday: why are we paying such high prices? Making up for the low prices we had for so long? Paying for the decrease in US production in the Gulf of Mexico due to the many hurricanes that Florida last year? A sneaky way to help pay for the war in Iraq (I won't state my opinion on that war...not what this post is for)...So much rhetoric and no real answers.

Be warned that gas prices are most likely going to get much worse before they gets better. :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts