Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, we're taking what some would say is a crazy step and going to look a kitten on Saturday. We have two boys who live indoors, they're one and two years old. This poor girl has been in the Animal Welfare sanctuary since she was tiny and for some reason she keeps being passed over.

My poor boyfriend has always been the voice of reason saying we have enough in the two boys (they are lively for sure) but he has a real soft spot for tortoiseshell cats, which this girl is. I first showed him the picture of her from their website a few weeks ago and he's been asking since if she's been rehomed. I called today and the poor girl is still there so I said I'd come and see her on Saturday.

I hate the thought of disrupting the boys, I often think they have the perfect brotherly relationship but having said that they rarely sleep in the same room or anything but do play a lot. I think this girl may not get homed though and we have a 3 bedroomed house that the two of us just share with the boys so we're finding it hard to come up with reasons not to take her!!!
This is Pixie;

Wish us luck!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Oh my, what a sweetie! It sounds like you have the room, and that kitten face looks hard to resist.

I hope that you take lots of pics and enjoy her if you get her ;)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
That cat looks soooo sweet.

Not everybody like torties. Give the girl a home. Yu're already infatuated with her

·
Registered
188 Posts
Awwww super cute...

She is so cute!! You are like us right now. We rescued Danna from my mom's back yard almost a year ago, and she has been my husband and I only cat. We recently bought a home so I am taking in two more cats....So from 1 cat going to 3. We will see how that works, but I just want to give those kitties a better life....I say take that little cat..she is so cute, and she will be the little girl among all the boys....:kittyturn

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!!! Pixie is already her name but I think it suits her perfectly.

I'm really only kind worried about Gordon, he's my baby and I don't want him to be upset and stop being my baby if that makes sense :)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Not everybody like torties. Give the girl a home. Yu're already infatuated with her
I think their multi-colored fur confuses people. the only foster I have not rehomed yet is a Tortie..

Congrats on finding a beautiful kitty. and a Torti will stand up well with 2 boys. got to love their Tortitude!!

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
I think their multi-colored fur confuses people. the only foster I have not rehomed yet is a Tortie..

Congrats on finding a beautiful kitty. and a Torti will stand up well with 2 boys. got to love their Tortitude!!
I heard from the breeder that I got Samantha from that some cat show judges don't like Torties and Torbies, their asymmetrical markings make judging their conformation confusing and more difficult.
I adore them, Samantha was a Blue Torbie and her coat was frosted, it looked different colors from different angles.
In most pictures the tabby markings on her body don't show up even though they quite evident in person.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If I were seeking a kitten, I'd just rush in and take her even if there are reasons she's not been adopted yet.

A beautiful kitten.

·
Registered
624 Posts
That little girl is ADORABLE! Pixie! Suits Tortoiseshell kitties:D
I absoluetely love the colourings on her! Amazing

BTW; The effects on the pics is awesome!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I heard from the breeder that I got Samantha from that some cat show judges don't like Torties and Torbies, their asymmetrical markings make judging their conformation confusing and more difficult.
I noticed, been trying to get good pics of Gypsy for people interested in adopting, she looks a bit different in each one, and none really show her Tortitude.

Anyways we look forward to alot more pics and updates on her.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts