Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So mom finally made a vet appointment for ms brynie. She hasnt been to the vet since 2010 when we got her spayed. So i was wondering..since its been that long...should we ask the vet to do blood work on her?

I also want him/her to check her teeth b/c brynie is having a hard time eatting her food. ive noticed that shes loosing weight because of that.

would blood work show signs of worms? because 2 months ago blue had a worm..so we had to de-worm everyone.

Thanks
heres a picture of brynie

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would mention all of that to the vet and let them decide. Depending on the type of worm they are looking for, they can do a stool sample. Just make sure to mention your concerns, and how long its been since the kitty has seen a vet :) good luck!

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
You need to take a stool sample with you to get it checked for worms and other parasites. If her teeth are bad she'll need bloodwork before the cleaning. If the teeth aren't bad enough to effect her appetite then you'll need bloodwork to see why she's losing weight. So in either case I think bloodwork is inevitable.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Ditto doodlebug. How old is she? Once a cat is 8 or 10 they should have bloodwork annually. I go to every 6 mos at 13 years.

If she needs a dental she should have labwork ahead of time regardless of age. And as doodlebug says, if her teeth are fine then there is some other reason for the weight loss that needs to be addressed.

Good luck! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts