Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow is the kickoff of the North Dakota State Fair. They're country concert lineup this year is Tim McGraw, Montgomery Gentry, Big & Rich and Terri Clark.

My husband and I have tickets to see all 4 of them because of the concert pass that they sell (which is cheaper than buying the tickets separately) but we're probably only going to Tim McGraw and Montgomery Gentry. A friend of my husband is giving us some money to use our tickets for Big & Rich. We both think Big & Rich is waaaaay overrated (just my opinion :roll: ) and I like Terri Clark but I don't know that I could sit through a whole concert of hers.

Every year there are "exit polls" passed out at the gates when you leave the Fair and for the last few years I've been filling them out. One of the questions asks "Who would you like to see in concert at the NDSF?" and twice now they've gotten one of the acts that I wrote down the previous year. I've been wanting to see Montgomery Gentry for a long time. They look like they're a hoot in concert!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Lucky you!!!!! I remember when Tim McGraw was just getting big and his hit at the time was "Don't take the girl." On my 12th birthday my mom and grandma had sent him enough letters that he wished me happy birthday from the stage!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* I will always have that memory. Third row seats, him saying, "Where's Jade? I want to wish her a very Happy Birthday!" *faint*

My mom and I are going to see Brad Paisley this weekend..I saw him two years ago near my birthday and he was AWESOME. He's just a really great performer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not really a fan of Pop-Country but I like the old stuff, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams etc;

I did go see Tim McGraw one year though for my cousin-in-law's birthday. It was really fun! He puts on a good show.

Have fun! :p

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
emrldsky said:
Lucky you!!!!! I remember when Tim McGraw was just getting big and his hit at the time was "Don't take the girl."

My mom and I are going to see Brad Paisley this weekend..I saw him two years ago near my birthday and he was AWESOME. He's just a really great performer.
I was in the car, on my way to a college class, the first time I heard "Don't Take The Girl" on the radio. I looked like heck by the time I got to class from all the bawling I did! :cry: I think it took at least 6 months or so of listening to that song before it would no longer make me cry.

I saw Brad Paisley last year at the NDSF and, yes, he was AWESOME! I talked to some people I know after the show who said they thought he played too many guitar solos but I enjoy his guitar abilities. Not only is he good looking but he's very talented.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts