Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in ordering from Hare Today, but since they sell bags of frozen mice, I'd like to make sure my girls WILL eat them before I incur a high cost. If anyone has had experiences with frozen mice, whether good or bad, I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Well, I have froze my own mice and later fed them. But haven't purchased already frozen mice. From what I have heard, no one really has problems with frozen mice other than there kitties are still reluctant to eat whole prey. When I had frozen mice, i just defrosted in the fridge, or under cold water, and fed. My cats seemed to like them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My foster kittens all eat mice right away, but of my own four cats that were introduced to mice when they were a few years old only one eats them. The only time they all ate mice was when I got some from the pet store that looked like they had just been killed and frozen.

So yes, I think it is a good idea to get some mice from a local pet store to try them out, but results may vary when you buy from another source.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts