Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is just a kitten thing because they need more sleep, but...

Toby sleeps through the night. Every night. When I go to bed he'll still be walking around a bit, playing a little but not too much. When I wake in the middle of the night he's either sleeping against my side or right on the side of my pillow. He doesn't seem to do a lot of the pesty cat things like playing with my head/hair or randomly playing around my pillow or face. We play a bit before bed but not super long.

In fact, I don't even notice him 'till I wake up 8 hours later, just snoozing away next to me.

I know every cat is different, but if he's like this now could it keep up in adulthood? Or is it more likely just a pooped kitten thing?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Nope...4-6 months they get CRAZY!
Heck, Zinny is 18 months, and she still pesters me and Nebbie all the time for play and attentions! LOL

5 A.M. she'll get bored of everything being quiet, and YEEEOOOWWWWL!!! for something to do. (and yes, that's exactly how she says it... "Yeeoowwwl? Yeeowwwl?" and climb up on the bed table to knock things over trying to get to the window to get out!)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Outside of when we had to confine Waffles to a cage due to his ringworm, we've not had a good night sleep. Consider yourself lucky. Waffles likes to play 'kill the nose' at 3am... EVERY NIGHT. I typically will rouse myself at about 5am to shut them out of the bedroom and turn on their automatic laser pointer.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yus! LOL
But you have to pay for his food ;p (haven't seen a check for the petsitting in over 4 months...getting kind of annoyed of feeding that brat myself)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Kill the nose...that made me laugh.

I'm lucky in that neither of my two bother me thruout the night. It's only near wakeup time that Cap'n Jack likes to come and walk on my hair, caress my face or scalp or nose butt me. Miu leaves me alone completely, opting to wake me indirectly by pawing at papers or running around wildly at breakneck speeds prompting Rocky the dog to bark at her.

Outside of when we had to confine Waffles to a cage due to his ringworm, we've not had a good night sleep. Consider yourself lucky. Waffles likes to play 'kill the nose' at 3am... EVERY NIGHT. I typically will rouse myself at about 5am to shut them out of the bedroom and turn on their automatic laser pointer.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Mia sleeps with me all night and never bothers me. When I get up is when she does. Shes one ball of energy from around 6am until 1pm, then its time to nap fr 3-4 hours. Then back up again wider tha a march hair. Whehen 10pm rolls around, we are back in bed again and she zonks out. She is almost 5 months old.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mine will go to bed with me if it's before midnight. For some reason, no matter how much activity they have had throughout the day, the midnight hour until about 1 am is their I'M HYPER time. They wake up again around 3 or 4, some times 5 if I'm lucky. This didn't used to be an issue but I'm sleeping on my couch until I can move so it's unavoidable. At least they haven't fallen on me lately during their super fast crazy chase games lol

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
My cats were hyper when they were 12 weeks old. They played all night long, woke me up around 4-5am to say good morning, and then slept with me until I woke up. Then they played again all morning. The time they spent on sleeping is in the afternoon and night after dinner.

They are quieter when getting older. Will sleep with me for couple of hours when I went to bed, go away playing and then come back to sleep with me again around 4-5am. But when they play, they are still maniacs! Gosh, I thought Siberians and Birmans are not that active... Maybe because I have two cats so they can have lots of fun with each other and not easily getting bored?

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I've had my girls since they were 12 weeks (Muffs) and 10 weeks (Abby). They're now a little over 2 years old. They have always slept through the night (or at least never bothered me) from the day I brought them home right until today. I guess I just got lucky. Perhaps you did too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
my kitty is awesome, she never bother me in my sleep. instead, she lay on my office chair next to my bed and watch me sleep.

·
Registered
476 Posts
my kitties usually are hanging out with each other most of the night. they are generally quiet, and usually come into bed in the wee hours of the morning for cuddles and snuggles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts