Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt really the right forum to keep posting about Beau, but its the one I use the most, and I know you guys would remember Beau from his picture. Anyways, my friend just called me. He told me there might be good news about Beau. As I mentioned before, my friend lives in the city and he went home to his parents house in the suburbs for Friday night. As of then, there was no news about Beau. But this morning his parents called him. They said they had been putting food out, the food was eaten, and there was a "poop" in the litter box! Now this is the food they were leaving in the house, not outside. So, we are thinking that he is in the house somewhere. Their house is very big... maybe its possible that he did find a spot and he is hiding!? The noise from the construction my friend;s dad was doing last week probably scared him... but do you really think he would hide for a week??????? Plus, beau went missing last Sunday and my friend finally had to go back to the city on Tuesday. Maybe since Beau didnt know the house and then realized his "owneer" was no longer there, he freaked out?
What should we do now? They thought they had torn the house apart, but there IS a cat in the house! And its an "indoor" cat b/c they used the litter box! Unless Beau has found a way in and out of the house or its a random stray... but I dont think so. I was also thinking maybe Beau got freaked out b/c the house smelled like another cat. My friends sister has a cat that she brings home all the time, plus the cat that my friend put to sleep in October... maybe his scent is still there too!
Now what? I think this may be good news??
Here is another cute picture of Beau... where is this little sweetie?
[/img]

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Oh that would be GREAT NEWS!!!! I never thought that Beau could be hiding inside based on your previous posts. But now that I think of it, Beau could be hiding. 2 of my four cats were hiding downstairs for about 4-7 days before they finally came out and explored their new homes. So maybe Beau is hiding and now may be coming out. If your friend can stay there close to the litter box for extended periods of time, he may catch Beau (or any other cat) coming out.

Also, did Beau like tuna, chicken, or other meats? I know that such is not good for a lot of cats, but could he put out a tiny bit of meat where the food dish is at? Maybe the smell of the meat will coerce Beau into coming out?

Now you mentioned that there is a LOT of contstruction going on at that house. So I am guessing that your friend has to do a lot of cleanup and sweeping. Now here is an idea that is rather extreme. But take some flour and sprinkle some down by the litter box and around the room. You will be able to follow the cat tracks to where Beau may be hiding. While you cannot sprinkle flour all over the house, Beau may track some around and you can follow his pawprints. Of course, this is NOT a good idea if there is carpeting in the room.

Anyway, I will be watching this thread quite anxiously! :) As far as posting here, while I am not a mod nor an admin and cannot speak for them, I have no problem reading your post in here! ESPECIALLY if there will be a happy ending!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Andie, that's awesome news -- and very possible. Cats will go into hiding for days at a time if they are scared or threatened. I remember SammyO mentioned she thought her cat had escaped, and he was hiding behind the cabinets in the kitchen! I hope they are able to track him down soon!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hippyhart said:
Andie, that's awesome news -- and very possible. Cats will go into hiding for days at a time if they are scared or threatened. I remember SammyO mentioned she thought her cat had escaped, and he was hiding behind the cabinets in the kitchen! I hope they are able to track him down soon!
It is definitely possible that Beau has found a spot no one has checked or would even think to check of. As mentioned by Hippyhart, Sully was missing for hours and I only live in a townhouse. I thought I had looked everywhere except this tiny space behind the cupboards that someone had put a tiny shelf up to hide things. I called him and he never made a peep.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Definitely search all the nooks... we thought we lost sheba after she had been spayed... looked everywhere (we only have a 1 bedroom) and couldn't find her. I started getting worried that she got out somehow, even though Josh had fed her before bed last night and the food was eaten. It had snowed the night before and when I looked outside there were little cat prints all around our house. Even though I knew there was no possible way she could have gotten out, those tracks sure did scare me... we looked for her outside all moring and followed the tracks all around the neighborhood! Turns out she was behind the oven in a little space that I didn't even know was there. We had looked behind the oven, but couldn't see this space w/out pulling it out and looking way in. She sure wasn't happy when we pulled her out of there!!

Good luck finding your kitty. If the food is eaten, I'm sure he's around somewhere! Check behind the oven!! :)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Or check under your recliner if you have one. I would never of thought a cat can squeeze in under those bars but they can squeeze in anywhere. Hope he is found soon. It would be cool if you had access to a hidden camera and found him creeping around at night 8)

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
kitkat said:
Or check under your recliner if you have one. I would never of thought a cat can squeeze in under those bars but they can squeeze in anywhere. Hope he is found soon. It would be cool if you had access to a hidden camera and found him creeping around at night 8)
If AndieCat has access to a camera with "Trap Focus," that would be ideal! Trap focus is where the user presets the lens focus to a chosen distance. The shutter will not fire until something wanders into the field of vision AND is the distance from the camera as set by the user. A camera could be set to trap focus mode about 1 ft behind the litterbox or food bowl. The shutter would be pressed and locked (one needs a locking cable release to do this) and if Beau walks within the zone of sharp focus, the camera will fire.

Another thing and less complex to do is find somebody with a full size VHS camcorder. Go buy a T200 tape and set the camcorder to record in EP/SLP mode for a full 10hr recording time. Record the area around the food bowl or littler box.

Whatever the case, I sure hope you find your elusive Beau! And from the subject of this thread, I think that can very well happen soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts