Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been searching all the old food threads etc, but would someone provide me with a list of specific "pate" foods? (the brand and the specific variety that is pate).. All the info from a million different threads is getting scrambled in my brain :)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
26,801 Posts
My girls will eat Wellness Core, that's pate. Their other favorites are chunky (Merrick).

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
It's probably shorter to list the ones that aren't pate! Virtually all of the grain-free foods are pate (EVO, Nature's Instinct, Blue Buffalo, most Wellness, etc.). The only ones that aren't pate (to the best of my knowledge) are Weruva, the Wellness cans that say "minced, "sliced" or "cubed", some Merrick flavors, Tiki Cat and (of course) any food that comes in a pouch.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
excellent, thanks. I felt unsure/confused by the brands that didn't say what they were on the can...didn't terribly want to buy a bunch of different ones just to find out what was inside!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
My girls refuse to eat pate and I always hated to buy food, only to discover it was pate. So, I used to shake the can close to my ear. If I could hear a lot of "swishing" inside, it wasn't pate...otherwise it was. No doubt the store owners thought I was strange and wondered what I was doing "listening to the can", but what the heck!

·
Super Moderator
26,801 Posts
I do the same thing!! :grin:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I get 9-Lives...yes, I know, it's "junk" food. But I'm careful about the flavors I get, because Paizly can't tolerate corn-anything (she throws it up barely 5 minutes after eating it...wheat and rice she's fine with). Besides, I only give 1/4 can in the morning for a treat after medicines.
There are several flavors that are Pate, and it usually say so on the can. "Bits", "bites", "flakes", "fillets", and "shreds" usually don't get fully eaten. All the 'gravy' gets licked, and the little chunks are left to dry out. So I try to only get Pate, so nothing goes to waste, even if it is just for a treat/reward.

(totally off topic... HA! I can use the serial/Oxford comma here, and nobody cares! YAY... a break from my job as AP writer LOL)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts