Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I checked this forum to see if I could find some information on overgrooming cats. We have two cats, and one of them overgroomed with result that he looked as if he shaved himself. We tried pretty much everything, from changing food brands, bitter apple, to skin biopsies to figure out what was going on. At wits end, I researched the internet once again to see if there was some information out there I had not seen yet. Of course there was not, having tried it so many times before already. However, while browsing this particular forum I saw a couple of interesting discussions concerning what is considered to be good cat food and what not. I read them all, I looked up some more information, and I decided to try one more time to change the food, since our brand seemed not to belong to the premium brands. Low and behold! Our cat's condition improved. Within a week he became much more lively, and now about three months later his coat looks nice again, no more bald spots. Even the other cat has improved in a subtle way, he is friendlier, more sociable. I am not going to name any brand names, because I don't want to be perceived as a disguised salesman, however it does contain only natural ingredients and absolutely NO by products. Although they finish a bag less quickly than with the previous food, it still is more expensive. But it is all worth it, just the thought that the cats are getting some good nutrition is enough.

To make a long story short: I want to thank the knowledgeable people out there who make the effort in education the ignorant ones, like me :), and I hope that my story will help other people to make a good food choice. Your cat will thank you, I know mine did!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi Gwendolyn! I agree whole-heartedly with what you are saying. There is so much GOOD information to be found here. I switched my Angel over to Chicken Soup (and NO, this is not a paid endorsement) and not only is she eating better, but her coat is richer. And that switch came as a result of what I had been able to learn from this forum.

I enjoy my time here and I have a healthier kitty to boot. That is win-win in my book!

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
651 Posts
I agree. Get the best cat food you can afford! It helps coat, skin, and digestion.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Just think, if you can see such an obvious improvement on the *outside* of the cat, the big difference that it's making *inside*! :)

Way to go, guys!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
I also changed over to Chicken Soup since I've been on this forum and it has helped my cats overall and no throwing up from Sugar. Good food can go a looooong way, I'm glad to hear it was easy as a change in food for you :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts