Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He would have been two at the end of the month. He along with his sister Clementine and younger "brother" Ghost have lived with my ex since we broke up last spring, and I moved to a new city in September so I haven't seen them in a while. Blitz was taken to the vet a few weeks back and it was found that his urine ph was extremely high. The initial vet blamed his raw diet, which he had been on since 12 weeks, and said that that was messing him up and pushed the urinary prescription dry food. My ex did take some of the canned just to see if it would help. It didn't. On Friday he was back at the vet and still had high ph. They did an ultrasound and didn't see anything off and there was no sign of crystals or a blockage. He was scheduled for exploratory surgery yesterday, but it was discovered that he was in kidney failure. He spent all day and last night on IV fluids to see if flushing the kidneys would help. They found out today that he had advanced bladder cancer and there was nothing they could do. He was just a baby. I was so sure that by feeding him raw from the beginning and making sure he was cared for as best as possible that he would have a long and healthy life. I'm just shocked. He was my 12lb baby.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Kayla, So sorry to hear this...
Life just really has a way of knocking the stuffing out of
us...
Blitz, Fly Free now to the Bridge, where you can find your own Special Sunbeam to bask in... 1391560778903.jpg

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Despite our best efforts of trying to keep them healthy, some things are unavoidable. I hope you are soon able to move past the tears and think of happy times.

·
Registered
0 Posts
So sorry to hear about your loss! I know well how heart wrenching this is... ((((hugs))))

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
I'm so sorry about Blitz. It seems so much harder when they are young like this. Only God knows the real reason for his passing. I hope you take peace in the fact that he was loved - even for a short time.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Oh, I am so very sorry for your loss! 2 yo is waaaay too young, may you find peace somehow through the pain, gentle hugs for you...
Hoping Blitz will find my Teddy kitten over the rainbow bridge and keep him company.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
So sorry for you - I was traumatised when my young Oz died last Autumn. It is so hard when they are young. Bless you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts