Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i noticed cujo had been squinting one of his eyes and he had a big yellowy glob in the corner of it. whould i take him to the vet or is there something i can do at home to help him out?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
That happens to Sabby every couple months. I just clean it with a wet washrag and that seems to clear it right up. I've taken him to the vet about his eyes before and they didn't really do anything about it, but if it keeps up...well, you know the rest.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Keep an eye on him. If you see any redness coming up it might be a sign of conjuctivitis. Frosty had that goopy eye for a couple of months - on and off - and then a few weeks ago he came with the redness. It got pretty inflamed and we got antibiotics + eye ointment. He recovered well :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uh oh- what kind of redness? i noticed the skin of his goopy eyelid was slighty darker pink that the other.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, off to the vet cujo goes! lucky me, i got an appointment today.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, the vet said it's most likely conjunctivitis. she gave us some neomycin/polymyxin/bacitracin stuff to put in his eyes. my poor guy, he's so squinty and sad. :(

oh, he also got weighed. he weighs 10.6 pounds now!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Frosty got antibiotic together with the eye ointment. It was clavamox for 7 days. It went away for a few weeks..but then it had an even more serious comeback. It went away "for good" with Cephalexin for 14 days. He hated the latter.
The feline herpes virus seems to be present in most cats and could be dormant throughout their life. They say stress may make it act up however. I hope Cujo will recover completely
ps I must add - after reading through Dr Jean's article I remembered that our vet also recommended the L LYSINE. I crushed it and sneaked it in some youghourt since he doesn't like wet food.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, it looks like his eye is getting better. lets hope it goes away and doenst come back!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts