Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Christmas, the kids got Ken this logic puzzle called Gordian's Knot. Apparently it's based on a legend of a puzzle that only Alexander the Great could solve back in the day.

The puzzle comes with a solution guide for taking the puzzle apart, and you can follow the steps in reverse to assemble it again. So Ken sits down the day after Christmas and attempts to take this thing apart on his own without the book. He worked on it for about 15 minutes, got frustrated and stopped. Now the puzzle is all messed up, looking nothing like it did before he started, and I'm wondering if it's even possible to unlock it now since we don't know if he's at a certain step in the book or not.

Has anyone here attempted the Gordian Knot before?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heidi n Q said:
No. But I'd be tempted to use a pocket knife. :D
:lol: Remember when the original Rubik's cube came out? I got frustrated with it and peeled off the stickers, placing them where they should be to make the cube look correct. In my defense, though, I was only about 9 years old. Ken said when he got the Rubik's cube he tried over and over to fix it, but to no avail. Then when the Internet came out he found downloadable instructions and put it back together. :roll:

He got really excited when he received the Gordian Knot, saying he couldn't wait to figure it out. I know him much better than that, though. I'm just waiting to see how long it will be before he shoves it in a drawer somewhere never to be seen again.

My mom gave Ken the newer 4 x 4 Rubik's cube and he hasn't picked that one up to try it yet. I gave my dad the 5 x 5 Rubik's cube and wish I were a mouse in the corner to see how he's doing with that one! :) He's not one to give up easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts