Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't try this at home, kids, unless you like jalapeños, too! :p
Take a nice avocado, split it and remove the pit. Fill the empty spot with jalapeños, and top with Thousand Island salad dressing. Enjoy! :)

The Piggly Wiggly down the street has really nice avocados, fairly cheap. I had one for lunch today.
I wanted something a little different, so I stuffed it with peppers. Yummy! :wink:

Post your favorite avocado recipes here. :D

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
1st Recipe: Avocado.

2nd Recipe: Avocado mashed with Sour Cream. Layer in home-made tacos/burritos.

3rd Recipe: Avocado mashed with a tiny bit of lemon juice and salt. Add a cut up tomato with juices, some snipped cilantro, finely chopped onion (I live Vidalia Sweets) and some chopped peppers to taste, though I leave out the peppers. Dip for chips.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I was eyeing our avocado trees yesterday .. all 7 of them are full of baby fruit ..it will soon be the annual winter race between myself , the dogs and the monkeys :lol:

The dogs hear the thud as the ripe fruit falls to the ground ... and unless they are in the house and I run first I will lose out...

The dogs get very chubby in the winter ... from all the avocado's they love them.

The troupe of monkeys will be back too....

I have lots of recipes..

1-100 avocado's .. :lol:

I really like them in salad.. but then we have to be so careful with the parrots ... the parrots also like salad especially the feta cheese.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a whole lot of alligator pear fun!
Carol, how about posting your favorite recipe for one or two avocados? Pretty please? :p
:eek:rcat

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
I eat avacado with salt on them as a meal.

I also love making fried egg sandwiches on toast with avacado plus horseradish! Yum!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Gunter ....1. 1 mashed/sliced avo on fresh bread or toast

Now copy and paste that 100 times and you get my favourite recipies.... :lol: :lol: sorry

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
John, maybe this will help. My niece puts mashed avocado on her chimichangas.

Carol, you're so MEAN! :lol: Have you been hanging out with Marie? Hmmmmm? :wink:

·
Super Moderator
8,186 Posts
I wish I liked avocados! That's the kind of food that I'll try every time it presents itself, with the hopes I'll like it, but I still never do.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Oh I love avocados! but I don't have any good recipes to share. I like mine plain in salad or on a sandwich, or I can just halve it and eat it right out of the shell with a spoon. I also like a good guacamole, but rarely do I find it. I've had plenty of bad guacamole though. :?
I will have to try it mashed as a spread on toast, I've had it mashed with mexican food or as a dip for chips, but never on toast...sounds much better than jelly!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
The only good guacamole is when the make it for you at your table in restaraunts!!! I love it that way with fresh avacados, sea salt, fresh garlic, fresh dice tomatoes, fresh lime juice.. with hot chips.. nothing is better!

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mitts & Tess said:
The only good guacamole is when the make it for you at your table in restaraunts!!! I love it that way with fresh avacados, sea salt, fresh garlic, fresh dice tomatoes, fresh lime juice.. with hot chips.. nothing is better!
Wow, Mery, where do the waiters make guacamole at your table?
¡muy, muy delicioso! :wink:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Nell said:
Oh I love avocados! but I don't have any good recipes to share. I like mine plain in salad or on a sandwich, or I can just halve it and eat it right out of the shell with a spoon. I also like a good guacamole, but rarely do I find it. I've had plenty of bad guacamole though. :?
I will have to try it mashed as a spread on toast, I've had it mashed with mexican food or as a dip for chips, but never on toast...sounds much better than jelly!
Get thee to the closest Aldi's [if there ARE any by you]. They carry a guacamole' brand by the name of "La Mas Rica" that tastes exactly like the kind you get in Mexican restaurants! Guac tends to be very bland but they also offer a spicy kind that has hot red peppers in it that really gives it a zing.

Once, a long time ago, I bought an $8 container of guac that was a product of Mexico no less, at my local Sam's Club. One taste and I threw out the whole shebang. I think they preserved it with vinegar or something. It was really awful.

I think I'm going to try using guac with a fried egg on toast w/added horseradish. Wow, that sounds delicious to me!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ok guys I have three avocado trees and a passion fruit (lilikoi) plant. When my avocados are ready I will invite you all to a Mexican meal with lilikoi margaritas. We can see the snow on the mountain top while sitting on my lanai.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Funny that I came across this thread now - I was in the middle of reading replies and my husband leaned over the couch behind me to stick a spoon in my mouth and have me try the avocado spread he's mixing up! Ooh, it's soooo good! He chopped up some spinach, red lettuce, onion and black olive really fine, then mixed it in with the avocado along with a little salt and pepper, and it's fantastic! There's not a lot of any one ingredient besides the avocado, but it's delicious and I can't wait to try it on top of the salmon that's cooking in the oven!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
gunterkat said:
Mitts & Tess said:
Wow, Mery, where do the waiters make guacamole at your table?
¡muy, muy delicioso! :wink:
They roll a cart up to the table and make a big deal while making it right there. Its fun! Takes about 5 minutes. I can make a meal of it, its so good. They do this at the Flying V restaraunt in Tucson,s Lowes Vantana. This was right near my house so wed walk up and eat there alot. Total atmosphere!

This is from the deck of the restaraunt. Now I want to go have some tonight. YUM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts