1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kitty Litter Cake

Serving Size: 24

Notes:
This is a fun cake! It might look gross, but it does taste good!

Ingredients:
1 (18 oz.) box spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 (18 oz.) box white cake mix
1 pkg. white sandwich cookies
1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
12 small tootsie rolls
1 litter box (preferably a NEW one!)
1 plastic scoop
green food coloring

Preparation:
Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white
sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so
scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl.
Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and "feel" it,
you don't want it soggy, just moist; gently combine. Put mixture into
clean litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until
soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving
slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty
litter.

Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, three at a time in the microwave until
almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around. Serve with a new pooper scooper.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've never seen anything that's edible to be so disgusting in my life. I don't think I could eat it either. Whomever came up with this recipe has GOT to get a life....or maybe therapy. :?

katsprat

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Hey! I made this recipe several years ago for a friend's birthday. His partner specifically requested it because he is rather squeamish about poop, and he almost passed out when we set it on the table in front of him (we always do mean stuff like this to each other...one year, I got a "worm cake" made in a bucket with crumbled chocolate cake, fudge, and gummy worms, which I loathe...so the litter cake was good payback).

It looks a little evil, but it tastes okay.

Really.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I have seen this recipe a few times. I don't know, I have a very strong stomach, but I don't think I could eat it. Something about eating out of a litter box, even a new, clean, never used one......
It is very funny though.

·
Registered
709 Posts

It looks yummy. maybe i'm just weird :wink: i think it looks great lol :lol: If I made it tho...i don't think i'd eat it out of the litter box..kinda creepy :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
This cake is absolutely hilarious! I'd love to make one for my mom on her next birthday! I actually know quite a few people for whom this cake would probably fit.

Luftballoon, in the list of ingredients it says "white sandwich cookies." Do you mean those vanilla-colored cookies that are like Oreos, only all vanilla flavored, or do you mean Oreos?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
That was so hilarious and nasty. Maybe it would look better out of the litterbox.......nah I still wouldn't eat it, I don't think :roll:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry I took so long to reply, ndkittymom! I'm not sure exactly what they mean by "white sandwich cookies" but it kinda looks/sounds like they mean vanilla wafers of some kind. You could maybe use digestive cookies too? I think it's to help give the appearance of litter (lol).

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Misty said:
I'm sorry but I think that cake is soo funny. Maybe I'm twisted :D
Ha..I feel the same way Misty
I am thinking to make it soon for my co-workers at the kitty shelter. How twisted is that.
Bean is right - Halloween is the most appropriate to try and fix it. That doesn't mean I am not going to make it sooner :twisted:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts