Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year ago today, I adopted my two cat monkeys, Will and Kelly. I initially fostered them for the local animal shelter, but quickly fell in love and decided I needed to officially adopt them. My grandmother passed away two days before I first took in the cats, and they have been a source of tremendous comfort and happiness to me this past year. I'm so glad to have them, even when they are jumping on me to wake up at 4 am. Here are my fur babies!

When I first got them, their favorite spot to sleep was between the sink and bathtub

Older snuggling kitties

Embarrassing photo of Kelly :)

Silly picture of Will

And two cats in boxes

·
Registered
551 Posts
Beautiful! I love the stories of foster parents who fell in love and adopted, it happened to me as well. :) Will and Kelly are beautiful.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That is a lovely happy ending story , so glad you kept them, such lovely photos, and I love the name Catmonkeys, that's what I would call mine too.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Posilutely precious-absotively adorable! It's great they get along so well! Is Kelly male or female? Orange boys are more common,though I HAVE seen orange girls...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awww, they are so adorable!

I giggled at "cat monkeys". I think I'm going to use that instead of "puppy" for my cat, as he is a very active little guy.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Adorable pictures! The embarrassing one made me laugh, but the silly Will cracked me up :) So cute when you get those hilarious photos, you will always treasure them.

They lucked out getting you to keep both of them. Happy Gotcha Day Will and Kelly! I was wondering the same thing, if Kelly was a girl, since orange girls are kind of rare.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone! They definitely behave like little monkeys sometimes, getting into everything they shouldn't and climbing all over the place. I need to take a video of how Will gets to the top of the cat tree- rather than jump from platform to platform, he shimmies up the posts and kind of swings himself onto the highest platform.

Bluemilk & howsefrau, Kelly is a girl. I've heard that something like 75% of orange cats are male; I had no idea orange females were so uncommon!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She slept like that for a good 30 minutes, haha. I don't know how cats sleep in such uncomfortable-looking positions!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts