Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My fear of a behavioural change in ET after boarding finally relieved. In fact, he came home a sweeter boy, not what I feared all along. I can now touch his belly, lift up his paw for a nail trimming, and he is certainly getting more clingy and greets me the moment he sees me.

He lost some 200gm in weight though, but still not underweight. He was 5.7kg before boarding, he came home at 5.5kg. Just as well, cos I was not able to get him down to 5.5kg, hope to maintain at this weight.

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
Absence makes the heart grow fonder!!! How long was he boarded for? I know when I have to leave my cat at a groomer or hospital, they are VERY happy to see me afterwards! I hope this lasts.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
5 days, and ya, hope this lasts, lol. For now, he hardly gets his eyes off me, such a sweet boy now, lol. He's purring more too.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look like I am seriously not getting used to too much attention and being followed around the house by a cat, lol.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Most of my cats grow fonder of spending time with me after I have been away for more than one day. However, I have two that snub me for a day or two until they are sure I am not leaving again.

The most dramatic change I saw was a feral queen who wanted nothing to do with me until I took her to be spayed. When I picked her up at the vets, she meowed and cried until I let her out of the carrier and snuggled her. From that time on she was a lap cat!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha! absence does makes the heart grow fonder like what Marcia says, it applies to cat too, I'm surprise. The way ET behaves now, its as if he's afraid I might just disappear again, lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a similar experience after I picked up my cat from a cat boarding place about 2 months ago, she was there for a week while we were away. She was very clingy for about 2 weeks or so and even now she still seems more affectionate than before.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's pretty positive huh? ET was clingy for a while, didn't last, thank goodness, he isn't so clingy now, however, he is getting more vocal than before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts