Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Posted for ForJazz because her net is down)

The Theme: IMPRESSIONISM

ForJazz said:
. I think the theme should be something like "Impressionism" -- as in the art era. Van Gogh and Money qualify as examples I believe.
The Rules:

Blending or any other graphics tricks are allowed.

Skitzo must remain the focus of the graphic.

The picture must not exceed 600 width in pixel size (easier for everyone to see and will not stretch people's browsers so you will have to resize).

Use either jpg or gif format so they all show when linked.

When submitting, please use your catforum photo gallery. Then there are no issues if your host goes down for a little while during the voting period. If they're all in the same gallery, then they'll all show up, or they all won't.

Submissions will be accepted until 2pm Saturday 2 July EDT.

Up to 15 entires will be taken, so if 15 are recieved before the ending time then the voting will start early.

One submission per user.

The Photo:

Have fun!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
So would we make a background to put Skitzo in that is in the style of van gogh? Im a bit confused :?
I didnt do art in school, I did drama instead so I have no idea on this or anything artistic, if you didnt give an example I would have had no idea what impressionism is lol :?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Thanks Eithne for posting the contest! :D
Here is my entry... :D
A little too Modern to be true Impressionistic...
but that is all the time I can dedicate to this for today.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here's mine...I know Da Vinci didn't really paint impressionism, but It worked! It is called Skitzo in the Spotlight. Hope it looks impresionist lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a question.

Does the contest have to be entered by using a computer graphics program. Could I for instance work on this by hand with real paints etc and scan in my final result to the right pixels size, or must if be done only by using a computer graphics program.

As I am much better working with the real things i.e paints, pastel etc than I am using a graphics program like adobe photoshop.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here is my entry. I tried to use complementary colours, with random brushstrokes against each other, just as the impressionist artists did. Impressionism is one of my favorite movements in Art. I love the way the artist used colours and brushstrokes against each other to create light.

For a change I am actually quite pleased with my entry. I am not 100% happy with it. But then whoever is.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here's mine... not sure if its quite impressionism... but the best I can do today.

background pic based on a photo image by Bettie Grace Miner

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heather102180 said:
There are already 9 enteries!? I better get started!
maybe we should up the entries and have two voting threads... have two winners and that way we can start the next competition with a beginners and advanced competitions.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.